• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Testing testing... 1, 2, 3, 4.... How much more???

Hey everyone,

I just got back from my initial surgical consult. WOW! That was a lot of information all at once! I really liked the surgeon but was not crazy about the staff. Which made me nervous but I got over it. They gave me 1000 papers and 1000 schedule dates for tests. I am completely overwhelmed. Any one have any words of advice???

Thanks!

WOW, that is a lot to take in all at once. I haven't officially met my surgeon, but his surgery partner. I meet him tomorrow. The staff was great too. you said it was a consult, so can you look around for another consult? Most likely it will be the staff you deal with all the time for your appointments. How long does your insurance make you wait? I started my process in Jan. and tomorrow is my second consult then schedule the surgery date. What tests are they having you do? I have to sign all my papers tomorrow so we are good to go.

Hi Terri, Welcome. I know it is a lot to take in all at once:confused:, it can be so overwelming, all I can say is read through everything a couple of times and follow all the surgons directions so there are no suprises or delays come operation day. :cool: Tom

In reality there are probably 5 or 6 tests unless you have extreme health issues. The surgeon is just making sure it is safe to do your surgery and is looking out for your best interest. What was it that you didn't like about the staff? Mybe you could schedule multiple tests at the same facility on the same day to save yourself some running around. It's really no big deal and will be over with before you know it.

Make sure you come back to the forum to let us know how things are going :) You'll find a lot of support and understanding here.

Pre surgery requirements...

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed at all the appointments, inforrmation sheets to fill out, and all the testings. It is clear I am not in control
of any of this but just go step by step as I am told what's up next... I feel very determined to have this surgery, though. I intend to follow
the leaders all the way to the end. Although, my hope is it will be the new beginning for me and a new way of life.

Oh, no doubt it's an overwhelming process. Just lean on the surgeon's staff and all of us here in the forum. That's what we are here for :) :) :)

It will be over before you know it. Like you said, step by step...baby steps work.

Hi Katrinka, Welcome. Yes it is very overwelming, just hang in there and do what the doc's tell you. If you need some support or to ask general questions on how we all dealt with this journey please feel free to come back and ask, we are all here to support each other. :cool: Tom

Back