• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Texas BC/BS Insurance Timeline

SM16

Anyone here with Texas BC/BS? I've scheduled my first consult for December and know they require 6 months with a nutrition program before surgery. I'm in school and want to get the surgery done over the summer ASAP so I won't be at risk of missing any of the fall semester. How has the timing been for everyone else on this insurance? Has anyone had any problems getting approved for the surgery right at the 6 month mark? Thanks!!!

It really depends on the policy itself, not so much the carrier. I know people that have BC/BS that were approved first round and others that had to get surgeon to do peer to peer review for approval. Some of that has to do with how thorough your surgeon's staff is on what they send in. Don't be discouraged if they deny first round; keep on your surgeons office to complete whatever additional items they want efficiently and it should not be a long process to get an appeal approved.

Back