• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Thanksgiving

Karenina

I heard the average person will consume 4000 calories at Thanksgiving dinner. I never thought I'd be happy to be below average, but somebody else ate most of my 4000 calories.:D
I haven't had any bread since before surgery. I tried a dinner roll and it really didn't taste that good. It's funny how things you loved before just don't have any appeal. I hope it stays that way, but I don't think it will.

I am on my pre-op diet so I just stayed home yesterday. I did have turkey, but that was it. Turkey and Protein shakes all day - 800 calories. the "average" calorie count for Thanksgiving would have lasted me 5 days.

I am almost 6 months out and consumed 830 so no weight gain for this gal :)
I so want to be in onederland before Christmas only 8 lbs to get there

Last year I bought my own food salmon and broccoli. I was not concerned that I would overeat I just was still in the I don't want this food phrase. This year I planned my day and it went fairly well. Some turkey, carrots and 1/2 sweet potato. I had a pecan bite of something someone bought. When I think of all the thinks I didn't eat, I would say it was successful. the difference this year is some of the things did appeal to me, but I still held down the carbs which is most of the sides and desserts. That feeling of not being hungry is over for me. I am just holding myself accountable for what I eat. Physical hunger is wanting to eat some protein as opposed to head hunger I want the pumpkin pie and all the whipped cream.

I had a good Thanksgiving. I'm in the puree stage and I had some puree turkey with fat free gravy, a tablespoon of mashed potatoes/gravy and some pureeed carrots. Enough for me. Later I had about a tablespoon of pumpkin pie without the crust. All was yummy yummy. I did start my day with a shake. Today I'm home again and and all the leftovers stayed in Atlanta. Back to my routine. Hope you all had a Happy and Heathy Day!!

Back