• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

The 1st step

Hi Kperion, Welcome to the forum. From Seminar to surgery it took me aproxamately 5 months but it really depends on your insurance some are fatser than others and a self pay has vurtually no waiting period you just need to go through all the tests to make sure you can handle the surgery. Come back and let us know how it goes. :cool: Tom

Hi kperion

welcome to this site, as tom said every state and ins. Co is different i started my process in jan 2012 and have had all the pre-op test and see surgeon on may4,12 and hoping to have surgery date in may too. Have you went to a seminar yet?
The post op test i had to take and most others do too are, nurse practioner check up nutrtionist, psych. Checkup physical therapist then surgeon.
I've been told some insurance co. Approved in as little as 48 hours and others took up to 2 weeks, i scheduled my appt. As close together as i could get them, the surgeon appt took the longest to get, he's known for being one of the best so i am sure he's busy busy, anxiously awaiting my turn,
please come back and share your questions and how your journey is going for you, everyone here will gladly help you along the way, they've all been great to me.
Have a good day
donna

My first apt. went really well. I have to get a chest x- ray, RUQ ultrasound and some more labs, take a nutrition class, psychological evaluation ,go to a seminar on May 2nd and drop 30 pounds . My list is not as bad as some others because other then the obesity I'm pretty healthy. So far I think I'm gonna go for the Sleeve since I get to pick .Thanks for your support it really means a lot .

Back