• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

the best

Okay so sometimes it helps to list the things you can do now that you couldn't do pre-op. Here is part of my list please add yours

buy cloths
sit is plastic lawn chairs
run/walk/jog
workout for an hour
sit in the floor and get up
sit all the way back in my chair and chair arms hit the desk before my stomach
fit into a booth when eating out
take my grandson down the slide
dance dance dance
look in the mirror and smile
walk 5 miles
ride a bike
drive small cars
sit in the same chair as my husband
get a piggy back ride
keep up with tours
fit in the smallest bathroom stall
pee in a cup at the doctors
walk the dog
climb stairs
look forward to family pictures
play, crawl and have fun in the floor playing with my grandson
have my grandson sit on my lap while we read (he fits)
touch my toes
tie my shoes
skip
the list goes on

So what can you do now?

I did super good with my bariatric surgery and diet and feeling great until my gallbladder attack. I have been in and out of the hospital over the last 8 weeks with a gallbladder operation, hysterectomy, hernia repair, removal of a stone left in my liver duct and now I still have a tube left inside me for bile drainage that has been causing me much pain and nausea almost constantly. When I used to go to the hospital, ( several years ago I had pneumonia and a pulmonary embolism) they had to hunt for a huge wheelchair for me, and at my highest weight they even gave me an extra large hospital bed which was uncomfortable because I am short and I couldn't even climb up into it easy. It all was very embarrassing. Now, the last several times at the hospital, when they have brought me a wheelchair, they brought me the smallest little wheelchair, it almost looked like a childs wheelchair, AND I FIT IN IT WITH ROOM TO SPARE! It was AWESOME to be treated like a normal regular person! When my blood pressure is taken, I don't have to have an extra large cuff, just a normal regular cuff like a normal regular person!

Of course there are many WONDERFUL things that happening every day that I am so thankful for because of bariatric surgery. When I sit down I can see my whole legs. I used to only be able to see the top of my knees. The last several pair of jeans I bought are really loose on me now, I guess I'll just have to buy a smaller size again ..lol (smile).. Life is so good from the bariatric surgery. If I can just get rid of this tube in me so I can feel good again and not nauseous all the time, I will be on cloud 9. I may be able to have it removed next week. They checked it yesterday but said I wasn't healed enough inside to take it out yet. I was crying my head off, but I guess they know what they are doing. At least I hope so. I have so many things I want to do in my smaller body. It's hard to do much when I'm dry heaving and throwing up all the time. The only thing I can keep down is yogurt and tapioca, and not much of that. So much for my daily protein intake. It will get better soon, it has to.

I am off all my bloodpressure meds now. My sleep apnea is cured. It's so much easier to walk and climb stairs and do normal activities. Clothes shopping is so much fun again. Bariatric surgery made life exciting and wonderful again.i As soon as I am well from all my other surgeries, I'm sure I will have a much longer list for you all.

Cheyenne

Clean my whole house without sitting down to rest every 15 minutes. Going up and down stairs. I have 3 chihuahuas, they all fit in my chair with me at the same time so no one gets jealous. Wearing smaller size shoes along with everything else. I have 4 sisters, for the first time in my life I can say I am smaller then some of them. I have to return things now because it is "too big", not "too small". Can look in sizes like "M" instead of L, XL, 1X, 2X, 3X. Buying new underwear in the pretty new styles because I have to, my old cotton whitties are falling off me. Having so much energy, I am cleaning out things that has not been touched in 15 years. So much more, cant thing of them all right now.

Well, I have more to add to my list! My daughter helped me clean out my closet yesterday. My closet was overflowing with clothes. I have a medium sized walk in closet. I had clothes of every size. I always have taken care of my clothes, so as clothes got tighter or looser, I saved them and went up and down to a larger or smaller size as I gained or lost weight. Well they are too big now, even my jackets I bought awhile back on sale that I never wore but planned to diet into. One is a expensive suede jacket I got on sale clearance and the other a super nice denim jacket. Never got to wear them anywhere, when it was cold out last winter and spring they were still too tight. Now I need to see what it would cost to alter them. They drown me. A couple months ago I bought 3 new tops, one of which I especially loved. I saved it to wear out rather than everyday around the house. I tried it on and it's huge and falling off me and I never even got to wear it because I was sick with my gallbladder and hysterectomy operations. By the time we went through all my clothes and tried them on, I have almost nothing left. No coats, no jackets, no winter coats and just a couple tee shirts recently bought. My newest jeans are too big too.

Poor me, all my clothes are too big! Nothing to wear. So, am I sad that my favorite clothes are all going to Good Will???
HECK NO!!! I am CELEBRATING!!! Yeahhh!!!!!!!! Guess I'll go SHOPPING!!! :cool:

Cheyenne

Using the non handicap bathroom stall in public restrooms

Walking in 90 degree heat without breaking a sweat

Getting why "normal" sized women wear sweaters in shops and out at restaurants in the summer. I now have to as well.

Running up the stairs

Sitting in a booth and being able to put 2 fists, pinky finger to thumb fist, between myself and the table top edge

Walking between parked cars without bumping

Crossing my legs

Sexy lingerie

Trying on new clothing and checking out different styles

I wear the same size as my sister. AND knowing by the time I reach goal I will be smaller than her. She used to tell me the only thing I ever did better than her was to get fat, stay fat and be fat...

New Shoes, my feet have gone down 2 sizes

Wearing cute summer dresses

Having my wedding set and other rings taken down 4 sizes, and still need to be taken down a size or 2

Being able to Buy bracelets that I like and not having to settle for what fits

Belts, Belts and more Belts.

necklaces

anklets

Sitting in my recliner and both of my dogs can sit with me

Sitting on my husbands lap

Not worrying about whether a chair can support my weight

People no longer stare or make rude comments.

My self esteem is the best it has ever been.

Last edited:
Back