• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

The Big Day is Almost Here!!!

Skinnygirl55

I am almost in the home stretch...surgery scheduled for December6,2016. Nervous but excited for this to happen and be well on my way to better health. Meeting a lot of great people along the way that I know will be forever friends. Start my all liquid diet tomorrow....hoping it goes fast and is painless. Wish me luck!!!

Hi
Congrats! I am new here and my pre-op is set for December 8th. I don't know when my surgery will be but guessing January or February. I feel like you do...nervous but excited. Feel like it has been forever since I decided to do this but actually only since July. Classes and doctor appointments were required before surgery is given the OK. I am done with those now. I have not shared this with any of my friends or family except my husband. He has been wonderful about driving me to my classes and appointments. I am going to have the gastric sleeve. It seems like the best one for me as it doesn't have so many issues post surgery. I am hoping to keep it a secret but not sure it will be possible to do that so will just do whatever I have to do. I need this surgery to help me lose weight due to my health issues. I have so many. I see that you also have that goal. I wish you every good thing and hope that I can find friends on this site who will communicate with me as I don't have that here at home. It is kind of hard not to be able to talk to people about this. It is such a big decision and life style change. Sending good wishes to you and to all who are traveling this journey.

I am almost in the home stretch...surgery scheduled for December6,2016. Nervous but excited for this to happen and be well on my way to better health. Meeting a lot of great people along the way that I know will be forever friends. Start my all liquid diet tomorrow....hoping it goes fast and is painless. Wish me luck!!!

Looks like we are both in the same boat. I too have not told many....my husband our youngest son and 2.friends. But seems unless it is someone that has been overweight and struggled to lose nobody really understands why we would choose this as a lifestyle. I just had knee replacement 3weeks ago so am still in therapy for that. Wish I had been farther along because I don't feel the best yet but had to get this done as i had reached my deductible so it was now or wait till next year when I had reached it again. I wish you the best!!!

Wow Skinnygirl55 your day is almost here. I'm excited for you and can't wait to see you on the other side, the loser's bench side. Take your liquid diet one day at a time and when or if the going get tough just remember your goal. Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. GOOD LUCK!!!!

Thank you....I've had a bad headache all day so I'm kind of bummed out but know that is just part of it. Am so ready for it to be over and finishing my 2 weeks of all liquid after surgery. Lots of mental to get through.

I am new here too. I have a pre-op appointment December 19. They said that is when I will receive a surgery date. I would like to be buddies with someone or some updated posts.

Doug

Good luck on your journey.

Doug

My pre-op is December 19. That is when I get my surgery date.

Doug

Good Luck on your journey. I am at the end of the second week on just fluids. My surgery is Monday.

Good luck on your surgery Brantley! I'm sure everything will go fine and you'll be well on your way to a healthier and thinner you in no time!! We'll all be thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers during your surgery :) Please keep us all updated on how everything goes!

Back