• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

The Contender

I don't even know how it was that I Came Upon This movie, but I had never heard of it nor had I heard any advertising about it. But it is one of the most well-made movies of the last 20 years and extremely well done in terms of story and acting. And I can't say what was the best thing about the movie without giving away the spoiler, but suffice it to say that sometimes when you are accused of something it is better to say nothing then to expose the liars. And it went a long way to prove Aaron Sorkin isn't the only writer who can create a story about the presidency.

I found it very realistic because the characters all have relationships that are important in their lives. Some our marriage with no drama at all, no extramarital Affairs, no hopes of falling in love with the president, just a realistic political battle fought upon its merits. and there were some really great plot twists as well.
Rod Lurie, the director, wrote the movie specifically for Joan Allen who is beyond perfect in it The movie also Stars a transformed Gary Oldman and a perfectly presidential Jeff Bridges as well as that big mustache, Sam Elliott and an unusually , subdued Christian Slater.

I accidentally deleted my post where I said how much I love Will Smith, so that's it for now. I'll have to try to replicate it later, or if any of you happen to have email delivery of these posts, you might have it already. You could always re-post it for me.

Back