• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

The hard time

MamaBear, it sounds like Pink Julie has given you the best advice, and that following your instincts, you came to the same conclusions. I'm glad you're going to see your doctor. This is not something I ever experienced so it really alarms me when someone experiences it.

The obvious place to look is at your diet, but you know this food plan inside & out, with all your studying. If you were eating wrong, you'd mention it with your symptoms, I'm sure. So then you look for other causes not related to your surgery, like flu. If you don't connect it to flu, then you're probably right back to post-op trouble. There is one other question: is there anything you're pureeing now that you're allergic to, or that you've had trouble with before, or that is notoriously hard for everyone to digest, or that you've never eaten before, or that might be tainted with even the smallest amount of salmonella or listeria? There is a LOT of food poisoning going on right now, lots of food being recalled, but I think most of it is produce. You're probably not eating much produce & if it happens every time you eat, then it probably isn't a problem with food-related poisoning.

Apart from that, I don't think there's anything I can say to help you, which is very frustrating. So I'll just say I hope you feel better soon & that it's nothing serious. I know we'll all be thinking the same in the group, for as long as we've known you & followed your journey.

Last edited:
This is kind of blurry, but you can see she hasn't been online here since Saturday. But as Brenda said, she's probably busy with the kids & stuff. I hope she's seen her doctor by now.

Back