• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

The process has begun!

ambieambs

I have been fighting my weight since I was about 15 years old, and I am 29 now. It seems like I just keep gaining more and more. The harder I fight it, the more I gain. I had considered bariatric surgery in the past, but the idea scared me. I was very unhappy with all aspects of my life. My life started to turn around in December of 2013 when I met my boyfriend. He is absolutely amazing, and he has shown me how much I really was missing out on in my life by being unhappy about everything. One day he called me on the phone and told me that he was worried about my health and would like for me to consider surgery to help with the weight loss. My friend and my boyfriends brother who are married, both had bariatric surgery. Ever since my boyfriend asked me to consider it, my mind has been on nothing but that. I started the process of getting the surgery. So far, I attended the surgical weight loss seminar on July 7th. The next day, I called to make an appointment with my family physician which I met with on the 16th of July and he sent in a referral as well as gave me the referral letter that the surgeons office requires. Yesterday I called to schedule my initial consultation with the surgeon and the appointment to get my body mass measurements and they told me to fax all of the papers along with the referral and insurance cards to them if I wanted both appointments in the same day since I live 2 hours away. I am happy to say that now, I am just waiting for them to receive the fax, run my insurance, and call me with an appointment. This cannot go fast enough! Sorry that this is so long. I am just so excited that this is finally getting started. Good luck to everyone going through the surgery process. It is definitely a life changing event.

Back