• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

The scale and weighing in

Debbyg

I have started doing something I promised myself I wouldn't do. I have started weighing myself 3 times a week. I was doing really good and only doing it once a week but lately, I have started doing it 3 times a week. Any suggestions on how to break myself? I go for my 1 month post-op appt. on the 15th so I will get weighed then, too. My scale is 2 lbs. less than the doctor's. Of course, I also don't have on as many clothes when I weigh at home.

You can always try to put the scale in the closet set a reminder on your calendar or your phone to do it Once a week... My help to remind you to only do it then, plus maybe out of site out of mind?

the scale is under our bed. I weighed Mon. and then I got weighed today at my appt. I am going to try and not weigh again till next week. Wish me luck!

so far I haven't pulled out the scale. HA! It's been 2 days since I was weighed at the doctor's office. I am hoping not to weigh till next Wed.

well, I weighed this morning. I didn't pull out the scale, tho. My husband did. He was weighing himself so I weighed myself. down 41 lbs. total. Had to wear a belt today to keep my pants up. HOORAY!!!

I have started doing something I promised myself I wouldn't do. I have started weighing myself 3 times a week. I was doing really good and only doing it once a week but lately, I have started doing it 3 times a week. Any suggestions on how to break myself? I go for my 1 month post-op appt. on the 15th so I will get weighed then, too. My scale is 2 lbs. less than the doctor's. Of course, I also don't have on as many clothes when I weigh at home.

You are not alone... Have you ever heard that saying "Curiosity Killed the Cat?" It's been my experiences "Too Much Of The SCALE LEADS TO THE REFRIGERATOR". If you weigh yourself too often can make you easily get discouraged, if it don't read what you want It to read. If the scale read low than you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Because your weight is going to go up and down daily. Remember, it's not always what you are eating that makes you gain weight. Sometimes its what's eating you. I suggest you STOP FOCUSING ON THE POUNDS THAT YOU MAY OR MAY NOT GAIN AND START ENJOYING THE POUNDS YOU LOST. I hope this helps...

Back