• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

The Struggle Is Real

Hi!

I'm Matthew and am 1.5 years out from Gastric Bypass. I lost 90 – 100 lbs. And yes, that's great. But I haven't lost weight in about 8 months and have been enjoying life. Carbs, wine, no exercise, and COVID is a recipe for disaster. I held steady for 6 months, but the past 2, I gained 17 lbs. And I know how this goes, this story is as old as time: first 17, then 30, then 100, or more.

I started seeing a therapist and am going to start seeing an emotional-centric nutritionist. I started tracking my food and weighing myself every day again. And I've joined this support group.

My husband, Timothy, also had surgery the same time as me and lost 150 lbs with ease, and we eat and drink very similar things. He has a much smaller frame, but still, any time we see anyone we haven't seen in a while, the response is always the same: "Timothy, you're so thin! You look so good!" Wah-wah. I'm super proud of him, but that recurring situation doesn't give me the warm fuzzies, if you know what I mean.

Open book! I have anxiety, depression, serious body dysmorphia—the overweight mental trio!

Need accountability, tips, tricks, words of encouragement, friends, advice—anything you can throw at me. My next appointment with my doctor is in 6 weeks and I'd love to be down to 225. 20 lbs, 6 weeks, crazier things have happened.

This is my victory lap and I'm pulling out all the stops—I have to. :)
Wow u look great!!!

Back