• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Then and Now

WazzuCoug

I haven't shared a photo in a while. Photo on the left, April 2020, Photo on the right, April 2021. My surgery was July 16, 2020. I'm 9 1/2 months post op.

51 years old, 5'10".
HW: 310.5. SW: 300. CW: 205
High Body Fat: 35%, Current Body Fat: 20%
Pre-Surgery Medical Conditions: Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertension, Sleep Apnea, Sebaceous Hyperplasia (the bumps on my sink in the photo on the left), Systemic Inflammation; various physical maladies
Post-Surgery Medical Conditions: Pretty much normal. No prescription meds for anything. I do still use a CPAP, but the improvement has been significant, I can sleep on my side without the machine, my skin issues have resolved, as well as 95% of the various aches and pains I used to experience.

I am so grateful for the surgery, and I'm grateful for the people in this great community.

I haven't shared a photo in a while. Photo on the left, April 2020, Photo on the right, April 2021. My surgery was July 16, 2020. I'm 9 1/2 months post op.

51 years old, 5'10".
HW: 310.5. SW: 300. CW: 205
High Body Fat: 35%, Current Body Fat: 20%
Pre-Surgery Medical Conditions: Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertension, Sleep Apnea, Sebaceous Hyperplasia (the bumps on my sink in the photo on the left), Systemic Inflammation; various physical maladies
Post-Surgery Medical Conditions: Pretty much normal. No prescription meds for anything. I do still use a CPAP, but the improvement has been significant, I can sleep on my side without the machine, my skin issues have resolved, as well as 95% of the various aches and pains I used to experience.

I am so grateful for the surgery, and I'm grateful for the people in this great community.

View attachment 3712
I see the hair loss was pretty dramatic!!! Yours is a great case study in how to do it right.

Back