• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Things are moving along..(much to my surprise)

Alioop

I thought the gathering of medical records and scheduling of new tests for pre-approval for surgery would take FOREVER and I would need to make frequent calls and wait patiently for return calls. But, today, only one week since my first visit with the surgeon, I heard from their team that records have been coming in quickly. Just need to have a couple of additional tests and if all goes well a surgery date will be set soon.

Yea.....

When I made my decision it seemed to go fast. Then there is the wait until the date. Congratulations. Try out some different protein drinks to see what kind you like. Find a couple different kinds that your taste buds enjoy.

I thought the gathering of medical records and scheduling of new tests for pre-approval for surgery would take FOREVER and I would need to make frequent calls and wait patiently for return calls. But, today, only one week since my first visit with the surgeon, I heard from their team that records have been coming in quickly. Just need to have a couple of additional tests and if all goes well a surgery date will be set soon.

Yea.....
Awesome news. Hopefully you don't have to wait forever once it is scheduled. I had to have mine rescheduled and both times I got put on the schedule, I had to wait 1 1/2 months until my surgery date. Let us know how it goes for you.

Yea.....
Good luck, you will be happy you made the choice

Everyday is a new day, someday are harder than others to stay on track, but I'm doing what I have to do to make this surgery a success. And I know you will do the same.

Feeling excited. I passed my Psych eval and received clearance from my PHP. Two more things to accomplish ....yea !

That's great. Have you gotten a surgery date yet?

I still do have gallbladder test, new sleep anea test and an upper GI...all of which are scheduled within the next two weeks.

My advocate says once results get back to their office ...surgery date will be scheduled. I am really hoping it will be the end of April. (fingers crossed)

Back