• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Those of you that pray...

Carolyn270

...pray for me. The psychologist feels that there is a possibility I might not get approved for the surgery due to the fact that I'm sometimes psychotic. Meaning sometimes I hear voices that are not real (Hallucinations ). Last episode was in march but...sigh! I feel like I have a great and supportive team of psychiatric health. The surgery is said to possibly make me hallucinate more or some such (exacerbate the symptoms ). I have confidence my mental health team knows their job but, the surgeon doesn't know them. I'm totally worried. I have so many physical health issues that definitely qualifies me. Now I have this hangin over my head. Thanks in advance for your support.

Hi. I see the psychologist tomorrow after he has had a long conversation with my psychiatrist. Sigh. I got my fingers and toes crossed. I really am more than ever determined but sometimes I feel hopeless waiting on others to make the final decision. This is pretty much all that's standing in my way of having the surgery. All of my doctors (primary, cardiologist, pulmonary doc and psychiatrist ) are all behind me. I need a cyber hug and a reassurance that tomorrow bears good news.

Hi, im 14 and i had the surgery about 2 weeks ago, i was 167 and had really no commodities that made me stand out to the insurance. The doctor even said he didnt think they would approve me, But me and my mom prayed together for months before the surgery and i got approved! I will pray for you and hope everytging goes well!

Hi, im 14 and i had the surgery about 2 weeks ago, i was 167 and had really no commodities that made me stand out to the insurance. The doctor even said he didnt think they would approve me, But me and my mom prayed together for months before the surgery and i got approved! I will pray for you and hope everytging goes well!
Wow! That was very encouraging to read. I really really appreciate you. I hope your journey was and is a success.

Good news so far. I got the approval of the surgeon. They just want me to see a psychologist knowledgeable about the effects of the surgery. Now for the insurance to answer. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long. But, I'll do it. Thanks for all your prayers and we'll wishes. They paid off.

...pray for me. The psychologist feels that there is a possibility I might not get approved for the surgery due to the fact that I'm sometimes psychotic. Meaning sometimes I hear voices that are not real (Hallucinations ). Last episode was in march but...sigh! I feel like I have a great and supportive team of psychiatric health. The surgery is said to possibly make me hallucinate more or some such (exacerbate the symptoms ). I have confidence my mental health team knows their job but, the surgeon doesn't know them. I'm totally worried. I have so many physical health issues that definitely qualifies me. Now I have this hangin over my head. Thanks in advance for your support.
Hi Carolyn: I am sending positive thoughts your way. I worry about my Psychology evaluation because I have a history of severe depression as well as substance abuse. I have been under the care of a Psychiatrist for at least 25 years and I am on medication.
I haven't had issues with substance abuse for over 10 years and my depression has been very stable. But, as you must already know, Carolyn, there is such a stigma attached to having mental health problems by others who do not understand these illnesses. Instead of being congratulated for getting treatment for my mental health problems, I have often been put down about it. I can't hide these problems when being considered for such complex surgery as weight loss surgery either. I do wish you well Carolyn, and I hope you get the approval for your surgery as a Christmas present. :)

Hi Carolyn: I am sending positive thoughts your way. I worry about my Psychology evaluation because I have a history of severe depression as well as substance abuse. I have been under the care of a Psychiatrist for at least 25 years and I am on medication.
I haven't had issues with substance abuse for over 10 years and my depression has been very stable. But, as you must already know, Carolyn, there is such a stigma attached to having mental health problems by others who do not understand these illnesses. Instead of being congratulated for getting treatment for my mental health problems, I have often been put down about it. I can't hide these problems when being considered for such complex surgery as weight loss surgery either. I do wish you well Carolyn, and I hope you get the approval for your surgery as a Christmas present. :)
Hi. Thanks for the positive thoughts. This post is outdated but I still appreciate your kind words. My surgery was back in August. I am grateful to have had it. I hate to hear that people put you down. I've been told it's mind over matter and crap like that but I know it's a chemical imbalance that stems from life stressors and junk people tend to throw at us. I take it and toss it over my shoulder like I do bills. Lol. I'll get to it later. Or maybe never. The psychologist and psychiatrist both rooted for me and convinced the surgeon that "every one deserves to be healthy". I took at to mean both mentally and physically. People that put you down try to hide behind there sneers when they may be worse off for not acknowledging themselves. Please please please do not let that discourage you. This weight loss will build up your self confidence and self respect. It will help you see a ray of sun on a gloomy day. Again thank you. I hope you are doing well since your post.

Hi. Thanks for the positive thoughts. This post is outdated but I still appreciate your kind words. My surgery was back in August. I am grateful to have had it. I hate to hear that people put you down. I've been told it's mind over matter and crap like that but I know it's a chemical imbalance that stems from life stressors and junk people tend to throw at us. I take it and toss it over my shoulder like I do bills. Lol. I'll get to it later. Or maybe never. The psychologist and psychiatrist both rooted for me and convinced the surgeon that "every one deserves to be healthy". I took at to mean both mentally and physically. People that put you down try to hide behind there sneers when they may be worse off for not acknowledging themselves. Please please please do not let that discourage you. This weight loss will build up your self confidence and self respect. It will help you see a ray of sun on a gloomy day. Again thank you. I hope you are doing well since your post.
I didn't realize it was an old post. But it makes me feel so happy that the psychologist and psychiatrists were rooting for you! And you showed all the doubters and succeeded! You're a great example for me. Actually, it was my psychiatrist who referred me to the weight loss surgery program that I am in and not my primary care doctor. He knows how hard I've tried losing weight for over 10 years. Thanks for the supporting words, Carolyn!

Back