• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Three weeks till surgery

Mine is at NE Ga Medical in Gainesville. That's where we live. Familiar with Emory. We used it when we lived in Duluth. Hate Gwinnett medical. Spent 4 days in ICU at Emory because of life threatening asthma attack of all things. Like their large rooms. I forget. When was your surgery?

Mine is at NE Ga Medical in Gainesville. That's where we live. Familiar with Emory. We used it when we lived in Duluth. Hate Gwinnett medical. Spent 4 days in ICU at Emory because of life threatening asthma attack of all things. Like their large rooms. I forget. When was your surgery?
I had the sleeve 9/27/2016. Today starts my 3rd week after surgery.

I thought it was recent. How are you feeling? You'll be a month ahead of me. I'm having Gastric Bypass though. Have you lost any weight yet?

I thought it was recent. How are you feeling? You'll be a month ahead of me. I'm having Gastric Bypass though. Have you lost any weight yet?
Doing well. I have lost 17 lbs. I have been unable to exercise like I should due to sciatica. I am trying something different for that today to see if it helps. You will do fine. I have heard good things about that hospital bariatric program.

17 lbs is great! I'm sorry you can't exercise. That has got to suck. I have a degenerated disc in L5 and arthritis in it to. I walk on the treadmill. Some days are better than others. I hope as the weight comes off, it will help. Good luck on your exercise.

Thanks! I have a treadmill I hope to put to use soon. Please keep in touch so we can see how well you do!

Doing well. I have lost 17 lbs. I have been unable to exercise like I should due to sciatica. I am trying something different for that today to see if it helps. You will do fine. I have heard good things about that hospital bariatric program.

Congratulations PoohP on your recent weight loss!! You're well on your way to a slimmer and healthier you :) I'm sorry to hear about your sciatica flaring up. What are some of the other ways you have been trying to incorporate exercise into your daily life?

Back