• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Tips just before surgery?

Hopinforthebest

Having my surgery this Wed, the 22nd. Any tips you all may want to share? What worked, what you would do differently...recommendations? Any moms would like to share in regards to kids, cooking, etc?

Thankfully, all went well. I was released after a day so I was grateful for that. Just working on getting water and some calories in. Started feeling light headed this morning. I'm working on it!
Glad to hear it went well. Which surgery did you have, I forget. Don't worry about getting all of your fluids in this first week. Let your body heal without that added stress. Light headed is normal at this point. It's your body's way of telling you to take it easy. Now if it continues, call your doc.

Glad to hear it went well. Which surgery did you have, I forget. Don't worry about getting all of your fluids in this first week. Let your body heal without that added stress. Light headed is normal at this point. It's your body's way of telling you to take it easy. Now if it continues, call your doc.

Today I'm doing much better with my fluids. Went to the grocery store to get more yogurt. I had read that for some people who have gastric bypass surgery, dairy goes right through you. Looks like I'm one of the unlucky ones who won't be having dairy for a while.

Today I'm doing much better with my fluids. Went to the grocery store to get more yogurt. I had read that for some people who have gastric bypass surgery, dairy goes right through you. Looks like I'm one of the unlucky ones who won't be having dairy for a while.
I have problems with dairy. Lactose Intolerance is what causes most of the stomach issues, but for me it is the fat in milk. I can have skim milk and I'm fine.

Back