• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Tomorrow (Monday) is my day!!!

I can't believe it--tomorrow, I am having my long-awaited gastric sleeve procedure. I am scheduled for surgery at 7:30 am and have to be at the hospital at 6:00 am. Tomorrow at this time, I'll be out of recovery and in my hospital room. (hopefully) Because of the Covid 19, my husband can only drop me off to register, etc. and he'll get a call from the Dr. when the procedure is over. Then, he has to wait for visiting hours to see me. The visiting hours are only from 1 pm to 5 pm. The hospital has a bariatric wing so it should be very interesting. I lost some of my enthusiasm from being postponed since March (due to the cancelling of elective surgeries during the pandemic) but know that's it's the best route to get off of some of my many Rx's and feel better. I'd appreciate any well wishes, prayers or good thoughts that you can send me. I getting nervous as the day goes on but think that it;s a natural reaction. Thank you.

Thank you for all of your well-wishes!! We have been through a lot together and hopefully, starting tomorrow I"ll be able to join you on the loser's bench. I'll let you know how everything goes. And, Diane, even though I have read & reread countless questions and answers, I'm sure that I will still have questions to be answered. You know, being the "old lady" of the group, I get forgetful!! :p

I can't believe it--tomorrow, I am having my long-awaited gastric sleeve procedure. I am scheduled for surgery at 7:30 am and have to be at the hospital at 6:00 am. Tomorrow at this time, I'll be out of recovery and in my hospital room. (hopefully) Because of the Covid 19, my husband can only drop me off to register, etc. and he'll get a call from the Dr. when the procedure is over. Then, he has to wait for visiting hours to see me. The visiting hours are only from 1 pm to 5 pm. The hospital has a bariatric wing so it should be very interesting. I lost some of my enthusiasm from being postponed since March (due to the cancelling of elective surgeries during the pandemic) but know that's it's the best route to get off of some of my many Rx's and feel better. I'd appreciate any well wishes, prayers or good thoughts that you can send me. I getting nervous as the day goes on but think that it;s a natural reaction. Thank you.
Good luck on your new life journey

So you're on Day 3 and probably still in the hospital and feeling very groggy. It's harder on older people because it takes a lot longer for drugs to clear our systems. So we end up feeling kinda groggy and woozy for a little bit longer than somebody in her thirties! I am patiently waiting for your first report.:p

Great to hear you have finally getting to have the surgery I too had to wait a couple months for mine because of Covid. I had the gastric bypass surgery I think the surgery was easier than the new way of learning what you can eat and how much soon afterwards but now it is a lot easier I am still I am still learning what i can and how much i can it by trail and error. Prayers and good luck can't wait to hear how it went.

Back