• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Toning exersize (or anything else) to prevent skin sagging

KellyL

Hi - I am just over 7 months out from surg and am trying to figure out how to tone my skin since it seems to be a little saggy. I am 39 so I know I won't bounce back like in my 20's but, there has to be something. Has anyone tried anything in addition to exercise that has helped?

I was told to wait two years after reaching your goal weight to decide or check into plastic surgery because at times some skin toning will return. I know I will have sagging skin and since I am almost 70 I am just not going to worry about it. I don't think toning exercises help in the skin department, but they do in the muscle department.

Kelly L I have seen some videos on u tube of others whom had the surgery and were lucky enough that lifting weights helped with especially the arms and some in the legs I think it has ti do with how much elasticity we have in our skin, I know my arms look small til I turn them over and then I have what I call bat wings, see I didn't lift any weight s before weight loss and due to ortho arthiritis and torn rotor cuff can't lift weights so will wear short sleeves to cover up what I can, make sure you ask dr what exercise's are safe for your body. I've been told that if excess skin is massive and it causes skin irritations to the point of yeast infections or sore that most insurance companies will cover the removal of the skin as long as it's not labeled as "cosmetic" you've lost a lot of weight I bet you feel like a new person. you are so close to your goal weight oo. congratulations I bet you had fun buying clothes in the smaller sizes too. I know I had kept some clothes from loosing weight before and now that I an wear them again I am thrilled and I am giving away all my super size clothes to make sure I never allow myself to go down that road of destruction again. healthier and thinner is the way to go now.
nice chatting with you, come back and share your journey when you have time.
Donna

Back