• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Too Much Protein???

TeeJay63

How much is too much Protein post-surgery? I have a family history of kidney disease and I have diabetes so I am as concerned about getting too much protein as I am about not getting enough protein, anybody have any thoughts?

How much is too much Protein post-surgery? I have a family history of kidney disease and I have diabetes so I am as concerned about getting too much protein as I am about not getting enough protein, anybody have any thoughts?
Your diabetes may leave you and it would be hard to take too mush protein with just the shakes.Your doctor will advise you.

I was told for the bypass the goal is 70-80g of protien a day. and sips and the switch is 100-120g aday. No more then 30 at a time because your body cant or wont process it.. I dont think more protein is a bad thing just not needed. Talk to the nutritionist that works with the Bariatrics team. Hope that give you some help

Back