• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Tools for Surgery tool belt.....

Alioop

I am reaching out to gain information on what resourses you consider to be your most important tool (s) both pre--or--post surgery. For example: Books--Web sites--Apps---misc supplies. Etc. Thanks much. : )

I am reaching out to gain information on what resourses you consider to be your most important tool (s) both pre--or--post surgery. For example: Books--Web sites--Apps---misc supplies. Etc. Thanks much. : )
I actually used this website for a lot of information. Also, my doctor provided me with a big book about eating issues. I call this my food Bible. You might check with your doctor for recommendations.

I actually used this website for a lot of information. Also, my doctor provided me with a big book about eating issues. I call this my food Bible. You might check with your doctor for recommendations.

Thanks Christine. I have since found an App called: Baritastic.

Hi I am new here and just catching up not sure how to ask things or whatever... Can you help me maybe with how you try to keep with up with the routine of logging things and using your Apps? ..yes I want to be successful with my journey but I find myself losing interest so fast in the different ways to do it..but I know it helps to have the facts there of what I have done and need to do...maybe I am just not using the right one! Thanks!

Hi I am new here and just catching up not sure how to ask things or whatever... Can you help me maybe with how you try to keep with up with the routine of logging things and using your Apps? ..yes I want to be successful with my journey but I find myself losing interest so fast in the different ways to do it..but I know it helps to have the facts there of what I have done and need to do...maybe I am just not using the right one! Thanks!
What app are you using for your journaling? I use MyFitnessPal.com. Easy to journal and it keeps you logged in if you want. Let us know what you are using and what your specific questions are with using it. Hopefully somebody is using the same app. By the way, welcome to the group.

Thank you!! I have been using Bariatastic Ap..its pretty nice for the logging the recipes everything really..I was just you using the ap that came with my phone to log my meal and it kept track of my steps which it still does its called S Health.. I am just stressing about the days I work and I am not allowed to have my phone out and on my at work..I cant properly track my steps and then I don't log my water when I want to ..I just get frustrated..and I totally regretting now getting a notebook and just writing it all down..i have to turn in a exercise log right before my surgery and a food log..i have looked but maybe not the right spot to see if the app lets you do an over all print out it would be amazing but now I am going to have to get off work and write months of food logs and exercises I have done...Do you have any good ideas for that!? Thanks

Thank you!! I have been using Bariatastic Ap..its pretty nice for the logging the recipes everything really..I was just you using the ap that came with my phone to log my meal and it kept track of my steps which it still does its called S Health.. I am just stressing about the days I work and I am not allowed to have my phone out and on my at work..I cant properly track my steps and then I don't log my water when I want to ..I just get frustrated..and I totally regretting now getting a notebook and just writing it all down..i have to turn in a exercise log right before my surgery and a food log..i have looked but maybe not the right spot to see if the app lets you do an over all print out it would be amazing but now I am going to have to get off work and write months of food logs and exercises I have done...Do you have any good ideas for that!? Thanks
It would be really nice to be able to print like a week's worth of journals at once to save time. Unfortunately the only thing i can think of to do, if your doc won't just take a look at your phone, is to transfer the info from your phone to a notebook. Time consuming, but would get the job done. If i come up with a better idea, i will let you know. Hopefully your doc will be understanding enough to use the phone info. Call his/her office and see if they can give you any insight before you transfer the info. Good luck.

It would be really nice to be able to print like a week's worth of journals at once to save time. Unfortunately the only thing i can think of to do, if your doc won't just take a look at your phone, is to transfer the info from your phone to a notebook. Time consuming, but would get the job done. If i come up with a better idea, i will let you know. Hopefully your doc will be understanding enough to use the phone info. Call his/her office and see if they can give you any insight before you transfer the info. Good luck.
My Dr just looked at my phone, they were also the ones who suggested I use an app. I use Lose it app, and really like it, there are so many different ones, the Dr gave me a list of ones to try

Back