• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Tooth loss

Stoney

Does anybody else having problems with tooth loss? Since having mine, I had it done it done in '07 and since then I've lost about half of my teeth due to rotting and splintering. I've been taking calcium regularly. I've never had kidney stones, but since then 2 stones along with tooth loss. Anybody else?

Does anybody else having problems with tooth loss? Since having mine, I had it done it done in '07 and since then I've lost about half of my teeth due to rotting and splintering. I've been taking calcium regularly. I've never had kidney stones, but since then 2 stones along with tooth loss. Anybody else?

Hi Stoney!

I've not had any tooth loss due to surgery. I had tooth loss 20 years ago when I got run over in a cross walk going to my office. I've never had kidney stones either. My husband has. He was told they were caused by drinking a lot of milk - sweet tea - and beer. Hopefully you can get both of these issues taken care of.

Contact your Bariatric surgeon or surgical team. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

I also had WLS in 2007. I haven't experienced any of the problems you described. Never even heard of it as a side effect in the volumes of literature I researched.

I think you may be incorrectly associating other problems with your bariatric journey.

It's better to let a doctor reach a diagnosis, unless you have 20 years of medical study and an m.d. next to your name.:cool:

Back