• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

trying to work through it!! help

jodieplus2

I had my surgery on the 11th of oct and im regretting it. i know, everyone says its worth it..but when will i feel that way. I want to eat, but im afraid ill get sick, my children are suffering becausd im tired and im throwing up all the time. I just drink chicken broth and water, im always thirsty....and i seem to have an thirst for orange juice all the time. Help!. when will this get BETTER!!!!..

Hi Jodie, Welcome. I am sorry you are having a rough time right now. What surgery did you have? Were you sent home with detailed instructions on the different phases of your meal plans? It is really really important to follow those instructions, they will vary by type of WLS ie. band, RnY, sleeve etc.... Depression and regret/remorse is common, I know I felt that way but it started to fade as the pounds started dropping off. Fatigue is also common while our bodies are trying to heal upo from the surgery, and all that put together does make the first month or two a battle at times but it does get better. It is very important to follow your doctors meal plan instructions or we will have trouble with dumping syndrom and make our healing time take longer. Tom

Hi, Jodie,

I am concerned for you. How much water and chicken broth are you getting in daily? And how much protein? You don't mention any.

This will get better as you heal. You need fluids and protein to heal.

Best,

You will get better once you follow your Surgeon's and Nutritionists directions. You need protein...to help you heal and for energy. This will also help your weight loss. Eliminating it will make you miserable...also if you aren't getting enough water. I am sure you are aware of what your "goals" should be on a daily basis...you need to meet those. If you eliminate water, or protein you will continue to feel sick and tired. Sounds like you need to visit the surgeon too and explain to them what you are going through, so that 1) they make sure there isn't an underlying cause for this and 2) so that they can help get you back on track....

Back