• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

'Twas the night before surgery.....

Well, tomorrow is the day! I've waited 9 months for this. I'm nervous and anxious. I have complete confidence in my surgeon. I'm starting to have some doubts about me, not the surgery. Why do I feel like I am the only one this won't work for? Most before and after pics I see are people who carry their weight in their belly. And they all look awesome. I, however, carry my weight all over. Even my calves have cellulite! For those of you that may carry your weight all over like I do, did you lose weight all over too? How long until you noticed a difference in your arms and legs? I appreciate any help you guys can offer. Thanks for listening and I'll see you on the other side!

Well, tomorrow is the day! I've waited 9 months for this. I'm nervous and anxious. I have complete confidence in my surgeon. I'm starting to have some doubts about me:), not the surgery. Why do I feel like I am the only one this won't work for? Most before and after pics I see are people who carry their weight in their belly. And they all look awesome. I, however, carry my weight all over. Even my calves have cellulite! For those of you that may carry your weight all over like I do, did you lose weight all over too? How long until you noticed a difference in your arms and legs? I appreciate any help you guys can offer. Thanks for listening and I'll see you on the other side!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!! :) I have weight all over.. arms, legs - including my tummy and the weight seems to be leaving all over, but I have a lot more to go.

I carry weight all over. I first noticed the fat leaving in my legs and thighs, then my upper chest and face. I lost a bra cup size pretty quickly. then I noticed my pants falling off and now I can see some changes in my belly. It is such a rush to put on a pair of pants that were tight and now they feel like they'll fall off if I don't wear a belt. At first my skin looked like it might spring back, but no such luck. I'm getting droopy skin all over, even in the lower part of my arms. You'll do fine. It's all good.

Back