• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Typical Weight Loss??

Here is one chart, but I don’t see which surgery this chart is coming from. You can also use this website to see averages based on the surgery. Calculate Your Expected Weight Loss From Gastric Bypass

Today is post op day 70 for me. I’ve lost 46.6 lbs and many inches. Is this typical? What are others seeing?

thanks!
Liddithepup I am about same date as you are. You are doing way better than I am. I am 11 weeks out I have only lost 24 lbs from my surgery date. (56 from the start) I know I am at the low end of things. I have to keep telling my self I am down 4 jean sizes and can walk all over now. I do walk 2 to 6 mile a day. My back would not have let me walk or do as much as I can do already. It is so hard not to just beat my self up about what am I doing wrong why do I have to be on the low side of weight loss. (my mother is no help she will tell me how it should be more I am not doing something right and so on and so on) So I have to say to me you are doing great!!! and keep it up.

Liddithepup I am about same date as you are. You are doing way better than I am. I am 11 weeks out I have only lost 24 lbs from my surgery date. (56 from the start) I know I am at the low end of things. I have to keep telling my self I am down 4 jean sizes and can walk all over now. I do walk 2 to 6 mile a day. My back would not have let me walk or do as much as I can do already. It is so hard not to just beat my self up about what am I doing wrong why do I have to be on the low side of weight loss. (my mother is no help she will tell me how it should be more I am not doing something right and so on and so on) So I have to say to me you are doing great!!! and keep it up.
Hang in there!!!

Today is post op day 70 for me. I’ve lost 46.6 lbs and many inches. Is this typical? What are others seeing?

thanks!
I’m down almost 30lbs and I’m just a few days over a month post op. My weight slowed big time when I started on solids (which I hear is normal). Matter of fact I gained the 3rd week but lost it all plus some the week after. Same thing happened to my friend. Congrats on your weight loss, 46 lbs is BEYOND AMAZING!!!!

It is so hard not to just beat my self up about what am I doing wrong why do I have to be on the low side of weight loss. (my mother is no help she will tell me how it should be more I am not doing something right and so on and so on)
Everyone's journey will be different. I can't remember, she had the surgery too, didn't she? So she should know that. Some people lose a ton in the early stages and slow way down later. Others lose slow and steady throughout. What matters is that you are consistently losing. Do not let yourself become discouraged or allow others to make you doubt yourself. Consistent loss, no matter how small is success. The goal is weight loss and developing healthy habits. You are doing that and don't let anyone take that away from you. Keep up the good work.

Everyone's journey will be different. I can't remember, she had the surgery too, didn't she? So she should know that. Some people lose a ton in the early stages and slow way down later. Others lose slow and steady throughout. What matters is that you are consistently losing. Do not let yourself become discouraged or allow others to make you doubt yourself. Consistent loss, no matter how small is success. The goal is weight loss and developing healthy habits. You are doing that and don't let anyone take that away from you. Keep up the good work.
Thank you thank you thank you Missy for your uplifting reply. Your comments should be printed out & posted on all of our mirrors to remind us of how making any kind of progress is still moving us forward!!!

Thank you so much, No my mother did not have the surgery she just knows 4 or 5 people so she has to tell me all the time what I am doing wrong. the one the bugs me the most is you do not eat enough food. " If you ate more food you would have a better time getting the weight off" Well yes I do I get my marks almost every day. I am feeling so good each day I can't be doing that many thing wrong. Took my longest hike this Saturday 4.5 miles in one hike. The best part my back did not hurt me at all.

Your mileage may vary. Don't let a chart mess with your head. I lost 35 pounds in the first month, 25 the second and 15 the third. After that, I had one plateau after another.

So it took me 14 months to reach my goal of 115 pounds. A lot of people lose faster than that. A lot of others feel stuck early and often.

It's your journey and charts comprise criteria from a wide range of irrelevancies. Ignore them. Focus on you only.

Back