• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Ugh

I think I think your doctor is going to be fairly motivated to get busy really soon. I just saw on the noon news that the University of Washington has lost $500,000,000 in revenues since mid-march because of the pandemic. You can bet every hospital and every operating room and every surgeon and every anesthesiologist and every nutritionist and every nurse is dying to get back to work on elective surgeries. They need these to make up for the huge loss they've taken.

Don't feel guilty about calling even if you feel like you're bugging them a little bit. If you make your name known to the coordinator, you will be at the top of the list of people they call back because they'll want you to stop bugging them.;):p;)

Also keep in mind that while the insurance company said they haven't received anything, it could be in queue for being processed and therefore not really registering that it has been received yet. With ALL elective surgeries opening up, I'm sure they are overwhelmed with requests. Don't loose hope.

Still have heard nothing :(. Left 2 messages on my coordinator voicemail and have not received any calls. I'm starting to lose hope. I know I shouldn't but man just a yes or no will set me at ease.
You're in upstate NY? Where about? Are you going through the Ellis Bariatric Program? I would be shocked if you were and they weren't getting back to you. It would change my attitude about them completely.

You're in upstate NY? Where about? Are you going through the Ellis Bariatric Program? I would be shocked if you were and they weren't getting back to you. It would change my attitude about them completely.
I just got a call from my dr office. I have to go next week to meet with him and go over risk management and is my last appointment!!!. Still have not heard from insurance so I'm still worried something will fall through. But so happy!!!

I had my last appointment with the surgeon yesterday. He answered all my questions. Went over all the hoops I had to jump through to get to that point. We talked about how long my hospital stay would be. His team and this site had been such a big help that I understood what was going to happen and how I would be using this new tool to get to and maintain my goal weight. We also talked about the pre-op diet he wants me on for the week prior to surgery. We talked about fishing, my daughter and had a good visit.

I had my last appointment with the surgeon yesterday. He answered all my questions. Went over all the hoops I had to jump through to get to that point. We talked about how long my hospital stay would be. His team and this site had been such a big help that I understood what was going to happen and how I would be using this new tool to get to and maintain my goal weight. We also talked about the pre-op diet he wants me on for the week prior to surgery. We talked about fishing, my daughter and had a good visit.
Oh good! Wasnt sure if I had to fast or anything for blood work. I am so nervous and so excited. Got butterflies in my stomach lol.

Did u have to do another weigh in?
I did have to get on the scale at every appointment. At my last appointment, my surgeon spent some time explaining exactly what would happen, actually drawing a diagram, and talking about the possible complications & percentages of each (all very low). My surgery was going to be done laparoscopically using a state of the art, robotic tool, so she explained where she would be, controlling the machine. Answered all my questions and basically gave me all the time I needed to feel at ease. It was actually my most reassuring appointment I had.

Back