• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Um... hi there.

LadyDuo

Is this where I come and tell my story. It's nothing grand. I was up to 398 and knew I needed a change. I started on pills and got down to 387 but my surgeon doesn't allow pills so I easily gave them up. The dietitian has been very helpful in getting me to lose weight because now I'm down to 362.

This is my second attempt at getting the surgery. The first attempt the doctor just told me to do a bunch of stuff and don't come back until it was done. They left me out to dry. This time I got a doctor with a team that wants to see me succeed. It's weird but awesome all at once.

The surgeon wants to do the surgery in July, so three months from now. I'm all nervous and excited at the same time. I want to get to 150 pounds, but really anything under 200 with be awesome. I working hard but I've had some set backs. I had a brutal exercise day and I dialed it back well it was still brutal so I had to dial it back some more. I guess I was trying to advance faster than my body wanted. Well I don't know what else to say. Questions, ask, I might just answer.

Is this where I come and tell my story. It's nothing grand. I was up to 398 and knew I needed a change. I started on pills and got down to 387 but my surgeon doesn't allow pills so I easily gave them up. The dietitian has been very helpful in getting me to lose weight because now I'm down to 362.

This is my second attempt at getting the surgery. The first attempt the doctor just told me to do a bunch of stuff and don't come back until it was done. They left me out to dry. This time I got a doctor with a team that wants to see me succeed. It's weird but awesome all at once.

The surgeon wants to do the surgery in July, so three months from now. I'm all nervous and excited at the same time. I want to get to 150 pounds, but really anything under 200 with be awesome. I working hard but I've had some set backs. I had a brutal exercise day and I dialed it back well it was still brutal so I had to dial it back some more. I guess I was trying to advance faster than my body wanted. Well I don't know what else to say. Questions, ask, I might just answer.
We might have our surgery in the same month. I went to the information session twice. The first time I was skeptical, thinking I don't eat enough throughout the day to qualify. Now I all for it and space my meals out in small portions. It paid off because the weight is slowly coming off. I see success in small increments. But it's been crazy emotionally. I am happy you are here. We can shoulder this with all.

Thank you for the welcome. I did the two info sessions because it had been so long between attempts and different doctors. They had vastly different info. I'm glad I'm seeing the dietitian too. He gives me lots of info on paper and stuff. I have checklists of things I need to learn to do before surgery and I'm doing them. I also see my shrink, he's keeping an eye on me. Actually he's the one who sent me on this journey for the second time. He suggested it and I told him my story of my first attempt. He told me there was a doctor in town, who has now moved out of town, but she really good. So my shrink rocks in my opinion. He said he was really worried about me.

I watch the scale go down but then my brother cooks and it goes up. Bah. He only knows to cook bad for you food, and he cooks once a week. I do the rest of the cooking. Problem is I get tired of cooking sometimes. Wow I talk a lot. I'm glad I found this site though. I need some support.

Welcome to the site. Glad you found a good doctor this go around... The other office did sound like a good place to be.... We are all here for you if you need us... I am about 3mths post op and feel so much better...

Welcome to the site. Glad you found a good doctor this go around... The other office did sound like a good place to be.... We are all here for you if you need us... I am about 3mths post op and feel so much better...
Thank you for the welcome! I'm really glad I found this site. I have like no support at home, with my parents. They like their treats and then complain they aren't loosing weight. It's frustrating here.

Welcome to our family, we are all in this together, we will be happy to answer any questions you have, and if one of us doesn't know the answer then someone else will, and I understand the talk to much thing, I got it going on too lol

Welcome to our family, we are all in this together, we will be happy to answer any questions you have, and if one of us doesn't know the answer then someone else will, and I understand the talk to much thing, I got it going on too lol
lol glad I'm not alone in talking too much. Thank you for the welcome. I'm still trying to get the "lay of land" down.

Thank you for the welcome! I'm really glad I found this site. I have like no support at home, with my parents. They like their treats and then complain they aren't loosing weight. It's frustrating here.
The treats are hard for some people, its comfort food and are probably underlining issues. I know Depression didn't help me with the comfort food... Not having a good support structure at home is tough... If you need in person accountablity maybe you find an in person group to go to as well as us to lean on. never have to much support... tops.org is a nation wide support group that has places everywhere... Try to keep in the front of your mind your goal, a new healthier you. I had the gastric Bypass this past feb and am down 85+ pounds, I don't take meds for blood pressure, diabeties, Col, I have alot more energy, I move better... I can even see my toes again, thought I may have lost those, haven't seen them in a long time.... Try to go for a walk or something when you get aggervated it will help relieve the stress and you won't have the want to stress eat. It will become a automatic thing after a while... We are hear to help with advice, motivation, an ear if you need to vent. We will not judge you in any way, we want to see you succeed. Best of luck.. sorry for spelling(not my strong suit)

The treats are hard for some people, its comfort food and are probably underlining issues. I know Depression didn't help me with the comfort food... Not having a good support structure at home is tough... If you need in person accountablity maybe you find an in person group to go to as well as us to lean on. never have to much support... tops.org is a nation wide support group that has places everywhere... Try to keep in the front of your mind your goal, a new healthier you. I had the gastric Bypass this past feb and am down 85+ pounds, I don't take meds for blood pressure, diabeties, Col, I have alot more energy, I move better... I can even see my toes again, thought I may have lost those, haven't seen them in a long time.... Try to go for a walk or something when you get aggervated it will help relieve the stress and you won't have the want to stress eat. It will become a automatic thing after a while... We are hear to help with advice, motivation, an ear if you need to vent. We will not judge you in any way, we want to see you succeed. Best of luck.. sorry for spelling(not my strong suit)
Yeah, I used food to comfort my depression all the time, but not any more. I sit down draw or write. Writing is good. My parents say they support me but they don't. I think the only real person supporting that I know in real life is my sister. My best friend is best friend is supportive but she's not sure about me having surgery. She thinks I should do it all on my own. She's coming around but she's just not there yet. But I live with my parents and they are the ones causing problems. Or trying to. I'm trying to fend them off. My shrink wants me to move out. But right now I don't think I can afford to do it.

Yeah, I used food to comfort my depression all the time, but not any more. I sit down draw or write. Writing is good. My parents say they support me but they don't. I think the only real person supporting that I know in real life is my sister. My best friend is best friend is supportive but she's not sure about me having surgery. She thinks I should do it all on my own. She's coming around but she's just not there yet. But I live with my parents and they are the ones causing problems. Or trying to. I'm trying to fend them off. My shrink wants me to move out. But right now I don't think I can afford to do it.
Sometimes my husband eats things in front of me that I can't have but it is my responsibility to not eat it. he is very supportive but he also has to live his life the way he chooses, I would love it if he didn't do it but at some point I have to make my own choices that are going to benefit me, i sometimes tease him about what he is eating, but I would never tell him that he could not have it. Someday he may choose to eat better and exercise but I can't make him do it, it has to come from within him, I can't blame him on what I choose to eat. You shouldn't get mad at your parents for doing what they have always done, it is hard to change and make better choices, but I know you can do it, you are going to feel so much better in the end, and have more confidence in your self to go out and get a better job so you can someday support your self in the real world. You can do it, it will be hard, but it will be worth it

Back