• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Unable to eat

Ralph

I know that this eating slowly is a tough thing to wrap my head around... I think a lot of my problem along with eating slowly is eating the right things.. I don't like meat and very picky about my vegetables..I crave sugar desperately... so I suck on jolly ranchers most of the time and try not to do over due that either I know what i need is a bariatric menu to follow..
the nutrionist is quite rude and very self absorb when it comes to questions that i ask.
On top of all that they set no more appointments up for me because my unsurance change from medicaid to something they do not accept.. so it is like i am on my own now... That scares me... I don't know what is next...
Thanks April

I know that this eating slowly is a tough thing to wrap my head around... I think a lot of my problem along with eating slowly is eating the right things.. I don't like meat and very picky about my vegetables..I crave sugar desperately... so I suck on jolly ranchers most of the time and try not to do over due that either I know what i need is a bariatric menu to follow..
the nutrionist is quite rude and very self absorb when it comes to questions that i ask.
On top of all that they set no more appointments up for me because my unsurance change from medicaid to something they do not accept.. so it is like i am on my own now... That scares me... I don't know what is next...
Thanks April

I am so sorry.

But you must follow the program. You see, you know what you are not doing right. Start slowly, pick an improvement to work on each week. Focus on it and then once successful, move on to another. You are in the very early stages of post op. You have come so far. The journey has just begun for you.

Keep coming here, we can help and answer questions.

THIS DOES REQUIRE A LIFESTYLE CHANGE AND YOU KNOW THAT TOO!!!!

Best wishes,

Ralph

Thanks April

If you don't like meat then you must research what high protein foods you can eat in place of meat like beans. Without enough protein your body will be in big trouble, you need that protein for your body to heal and thrive. Without enough protein your body will break down the muscles in your body to feed itself. Instead of losing fat you will be losing muscle. Your hair tends to get thin anyway after surgery but if you don't eat enough protein then it will be so much worse. Go on line and Google bariatric diets and protein foods.

Good luck to you.

Cheyenne

You are having a tough time.

You are also doing the right thing by being in constant communication with your surgeon.

Hopefully, everything works out for you.

Don't despair. Unfortunately, you are the part of that community (small as it may be) that has to deal with some kind of follow up issue.

The surgeon will get it resolved.

Keep the faith.

Ralph

Back