• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Unflavored protein powder

Looking to get thoughts on unflavored protein powder. Seems from label that it can be mixed with any food or drink. Does it change the texture?

Also I just wanted to talk about something else. I’m nervous for my 6 month postop appt tomorrow. At my 3 month, they said current weight at that time was good, but I could lose 5 or maybe 10 more if I wanted but no more. I’m down 15 from that day, but it’s all related to exacerbation another medical condition. My neurologist had to double both my anti-seizure meds & muscle relaxants - which are the only treatment left for me - to keep the pain at bay. I’m tired ALL the time. I work full time plus & so tired that I don’t care anything about eating, just want to rest. I sometimes nap in my office over lunch. I still have no appetite which is expected. I’m doing better the past week bc I returned to my serious meal planning & organization, back to basics. I bought Ensure Max Protein to get extra calories when I can & also this unflavored protein powder. Was curious to hear anyone’s thoughts on the powder. Hoping the weather starts to turn warmer soon so I can be outside more which always makes me happy & more awake.

Last edited:
Back