• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Unsure...

tannie0214

Hello everyone my name is Tanya,
This is my first post ever so I hope that I am posting in the correct spot. I am going in tomorrow for my final appointment with the doctor, and hopefully will be able to set my surgery date. I am thinking that I might pick the begging on the new year, because of Christmas coming up. I am not worried about the food that comes with it, I just don't want to be sore for it. If anyone has any suggestions for me about anything I am completely open. I just have a few questions, My aunt had this surgery done and she said that she used a protein power that she got directly from the place she had her surgery done and that it was a big help for her. Does anyone know anything about this and where I can find it? Also when I am posting to this, does it count for my second support group meeting? If not how do I do the one online? and if it does do I have anything that shows I was on here, so my team can see it?
Thanks in advance!!! :eek:

This is my first post ever so I hope that I am posting in the correct spot. I am going in tomorrow for my final appointment with the doctor, and hopefully will be able to set my surgery date. I am thinking that I might pick the begging on the new year, because of Christmas coming up. I am not worried about the food that comes with it, I just don't want to be sore for it. If anyone has any suggestions for me about anything I am completely open. I just have a few questions, My aunt had this surgery done and she said that she used a protein power that she got directly from the place she had her surgery done and that it was a big help for her. Does anyone know anything about this and where I can find it? Also when I am posting to this, does it count for my second support group meeting? If not how do I do the one online? and if it does do I have anything that shows I was on here, so my team can see it?

Hi Tanya, WELCOME to the Forum!!!

There are many kinds of protein powder. The whey protein is the type most doctors recommend, the brand most people on the forum seem to like is Premiere and Unjury. I used the kind from Walmart (whey protein) and it was great in my opinion. I got the vanilla and flavored it with Rasberry Crystal Light. Yummy. Some doctors do sell the protein powder themselves. Most do not. You really should talk to your surgeon's office and their nutritionist to get their recommendations. It's best to follow their protocols. They should give you detailed info on what they want you to eat and drink before and after surgery.

Good luck! Keep us updated!

Cheyenne :cool:

Welcome.

I am truly hoping that you are being trained and briefed on all the various needs post op by your surgeon's team.

I am concerned in that it sounds like you have been given very little information.

There should have been introductory seminars, followed by interviews and meetings with both the bariatric psychologist as well as the bariatric nutritionist.

Our nutritionist runs the support group and you can get a wealth of information by attending the support groups. Ask all the questions you want in the group.

Best wishes,

Of course, we will do the same for you here, but it is so much better hearing it from your surgeon's team.

You do have a bunch of material given to you by your surgeon's team, don't you?

Best wishes,

Ralph

Back