• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Upcoming Surgery

You can do it. My best tip for when you mess up is start over IMMEDIATELY. We tend to go, "well, today's shot." And eat whatever the rest of the day. Or worse "Well, the weeks shot. I'll start over on Monday." Start over right away.

One *bad* meal doesn't mean failure. And if you only have that one thing, you don't have to feel bad. It was just one thing. Moderation allows foods we would normally feel guilty over to become foods we can sometimes just enjoy.

If you are in your pre-op diet, its important to stick to it. It does shrink your liver, making it less likely to be in the way and accidentally nicked. And for me, following it gave me the confidence to know that I'd be able to stick to my post op diet.

Good luck on your upcoming surgery. Keep us posted.

Missy is on target just because you did one thing wrong just means you need to restart right away, don’t beat yourself up . We are human our greatest fault is to self sabatoge. We are our own worst enemy. Focus on the right things you do. Think positive thoughts.

WOW, It is what I was thinking... in my pre-ops diet I was in a restric 800 calories for 2 week, one day I almost throw the towel, I got stuck on traffic and I saw Winneznitchel hot dog stand and got me a number#1 with cheese and stuff my face with it, bioy it feel good in that moment, later my body resent as I was in the crash diet and I was worries I was going to jeoperdize what I have worked so hard. but I was able to continue and go the surgery. we are humand and I know now how i got 70 pounds overwight and not becuase of my wife cooking. IS ME!!! I hope I had learn my lesson, wishing you luck Angel.

Back