• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Update: 50 days post op (single anastomosis duodenal switch)

April1980

Ok everyone so I'll start off with this, I'm 50 days post op and 50 pounds lighter. I haven't been this weight in years. Still another 90 pounds to reach my goal but I'm off to a good start. I'm still working on this whole eating thing. I have a completely different relationship with food to the point I dread eating because I'm afraid of what it might make me feel like. It is definitely no longer a comfort. Those mental cravings though, whoa they can really kick you in the brain. Everyone keeps saying how great I look but I still see the same thing when I look in the mirror but I'm sure that will go away after a while. I mean I do see myself everyday so the only thing I notice is my pants falling down and my refusal to buy new ones until I absolutely have to.

You are so right about those mental cravings. I'm just two weeks after surgery. Yesterday I was spending the day with my family, and they cooked up some pizza for dinner. I was hanging out in another room drinking my protein shake (haha), but I walked through the kitchen to get something and I saw the pizza on the counter. I wanted to DEVOUR EVERY PIECE OF IT. I have no appetite whatsoever, and I can't even finish a serving of pudding without getting full, but in that moment my brain was telling me I NEEDED that pizza. It's crazy, and I hope it gets better eventually.
Good luck, and keep going!

Back