• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Update: Insulin Free!!!

Time 4 me

Hi there everyone-It's been awhile since I have posted and wanted to check in to see how everyone is and post my wonderful news.

I am officially off insulin and no longer have to give myself injections, I will be on 2 oral meds and hopefully will only be necessary for the next 3-6 months. (3 months out of surgery) My numbers are fantastic, A1C presurgery was 10.9 and 2/12 was 5.9..........REMARKABLE!! The endocrinologist was so happy and told me I should be "proud" of myself for making the best decision to save my health. I offered to be a spokesperson for any of his patients that would like to discuss the possibility of gastric bypass.

I feel soooo good and have fun exercising, walking and doing water aerobics. The recovery had it ups and downs but it has been the best thing I have ever done for MYSELF!!!

Time 4 Me congratulations on your good news. Isn't it great, feeling good, something I hadn't felt in a long time. I too am happy to say my last dr visit this week, I too got back my test results, good ones, they took me off insulin a few months ago but I was still on metformin 1000mg twice a day well this week she told me I can stop it too, for my sugar nbr was 6.0 and no high cholesterol, no high blood pressure and my vitamin levels are where they are suppose to be. Been awhile seen I have seen you online but happy to hear you are doing so well. Hope you have a wonderful V-Day filled with healthy choices(I know YIKES) but now that our bodies have adjusted to healthier stuff it ain't so bad. I got 2 free samples in the mail yesterday and oh my goodness the chocolate chip cookie dough taste like Pillsbury dough to me and has 21 grams of protein, made by quest.I found them online and they told me can purchase them in local health store too, 2.39 each quest nutrition 1 888 212 0601 they sent me 2 free samples haven't opened the chocolate brownie one yet, and only took a few small bites of other one. I was so surprised how good it tasted. so there are more good things to try they offer the protein we need, yeahhhhhhhhh have a great day, Donna ps was good to hear from you again

Back