• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Upper GI

I was actually on the imaging machine for about 30 minutes. I swallowed that horrible white minty cream, the varying sizes of pills, and a hunk of bread with some kind of stuff slathered on it. It took a little longer because some of the stuff stuck part-way down and we had to swallow water to try to get it to move on down.

I was actually on the imaging machine for about 30 minutes. I swallowed that horrible white minty cream, the varying sizes of pills, and a hunk of bread with some kind of stuff slathered on it. It took a little longer because some of the stuff stuck part-way down and we had to swallow water to try to get it to move on down.
Yikes, your's sounds like it was terrible, sorry!!!

I had the test for my esophagus, stomach and opening to intestines. It was done with a scope and I was asleep for it all. It took about 30 minutes. I am really grateful that I did not have to swallow that white stuff, it is disgusting. Good luck to everyone who still has to have the test done. It was the one that was the easiest to do.

The upper GI wasn’t too bad, and I was so thirsty I didn’t even care about drinking the barium. I had horrible intestinal cramping all night though, so that was super unfortunate. The ultrasound, which usually shouldn’t hurt, was excruciating. I’m still very sore today. I will have the EDG sometime in the near future, so I’ll be scoped then.

The upper GI wasn’t too bad, and I was so thirsty I didn’t even care about drinking the barium. I had horrible intestinal cramping all night though, so that was super unfortunate. The ultrasound, which usually shouldn’t hurt, was excruciating. I’m still very sore today. I will have the EDG sometime in the near future, so I’ll be scoped then.
I'm so sorry for you. I can't imagine how an ultrasound could cause so much pain. I hope you are feeling better.

Back