• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Very sick post op 2 years and the last year has been hell! I am going to have a revision

I had a gastric sleeve March 2020. I always threw up and it became normal. Now I throw up almost everything. I aspirate and have had pneumonia several times and was Septic and spent 4 weeks in the hospital. My surgeon, who was at another hospital, said it was not my surgery. I do have jack hammer esophagus but not sure if that is causing all the nausea, vomiting, chest pain, coughing. I finally went for a second opinion and was suggested to convert to a bypass. I am struggling being tired and barely making it thru the day. I hear this is a very rare occasion. I am wondering if my first surgeon is liable for this. I have had canker sores that lasted weeks, decayed teeth needing pulled. I also met with a gastro esophagus and she is running test but believes a revision is necessary. Any body have a similar story?? I have also been on massive dosages of steroids and have gained weight,

I've never heard of anyone having these symptoms after having bariatric surgery. It sounds like you have SEVERAL different disorders or diseases. I'd get as far away from your original doctor as possible, since you didn't have this before him and now he sounds like he's ducking for cover.

but you DO need medical care, and especially correct diagnoses. Go to the ER and don't leave until they admit you or treat you so the symptoms are cured.

No one here can advise you medically and who knows how each symptom relates to something from your past and the present. Go to the ER list all your symptoms and follow medical direction from there. Usually, however, I've heard people say many times if someone has more than a half-dozen symptoms, they're probably not being honest, but seeking attention. That's a very nasty way to look at a sick person, but that's why it's important to go to the hospital and stay there until you're well. And you shouldn't be on steroids following bariatric surgery.

Back