• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

VGS - 12/2 - Water is going down but puree soup isnt.

welcome, renee. go back to what works, plus your crushed or liquid supplements, then phone your nutritionist. you might need an anti-nausea med for a little while. There probably isn't anything wrong except that your stomach is not ready for the things you're barfing up.

also, are you taking pain meds? they cause nausea all by themselves, but interacting with some foods, the reaction gets practially nuclear. Ask, ask ask. And make sure the person you ask is a professional.

You are probably taking in too much. You just had the surgery. Right now, just eat one spoonful of yogurt/soup an hour. It's annoying. But it will get easier soon enough. It took me two months just to get back to protein shakes.

Hi All! I am so glad I found this board. I had VGS 12/2. Everything went well. I wasn't ready for the reintroduction of food.
Water, jello, popsicles, tea are going down fine. Yogurt and Soups are coming up with saliva. Any advice on how I can get these foods to not come up?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
How long ago did you have your surgery?

You are probably taking in too much. You just had the surgery. Right now, just eat one spoonful of yogurt/soup an hour. It's annoying. But it will get easier soon enough. It took me two months just to get back to protein shakes.
Your reply to me was so helpful. I was freaking out and my doctor did not seem that concerned but I had nothing to compare my experience with. Thank you - I am just now able to drink protein shakes. I did not realize one spoonful an hour. Thanks again!

welcome, renee. go back to what works, plus your crushed or liquid supplements, then phone your nutritionist. you might need an anti-nausea med for a little while. There probably isn't anything wrong except that your stomach is not ready for the things you're barfing up.

also, are you taking pain meds? they cause nausea all by themselves, but interacting with some foods, the reaction gets practially nuclear. Ask, ask ask. And make sure the person you ask is a professional.
thank you -

Back