• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Visalus

melissadavis

I am 13yrs post-op and have gained some weight back. I take my vitamins like I am supposed to but I am not good about taking protein shakes. I don't like the taste of any of them on the market. I have recently tried Visalus and I think it is very good. Have any of the doctors said that it is ok to drink Visalus? What about there vitamin supplements? Can we take those in place of the ones I'm on? Frustrated that my doctor has not answered me back. Anyone else out there doing the 90day Challenge with Body by Vi?

Hi. I bought the Body by Vi shakes way before I ever had my gastric bypass surgery. I had a very large hiatal hernia and could not drink the shakes. When I went in for my pre-surgery nutrition counseling, the dietitian said that there was not enough protein in the shakes so not to use it. She said it is more of a weight loss shake. I still have the powder and thought that I could just add a scoop of unflavored protein powder to the shake and amp up the protein that way. They do taste good. Hope this helps. ;)

Back