• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Vitamins post Roun X

I take Optisource Bariatric Chewable Vitamin and Mineral Supplement. You chew 4 day. You can pick them up at Amazon for less than $30 and get a 15% discount if you "subscribe" and have them sent automatically on a monthly basis. When you have your follow up appointment, you can ask your surgeon or doctor what they recommend.

I'm curious: why gummies?

A number of members take them, but I've also read cautionary posts against them.

Group: did your nutritionist mention gummies? Or did they express a preference?

I should say I'm a label reader and made my decision based on that and solubility. I avoid capsules except the ones I take with my daily coffee.

I ended up with Gummies because that was what agreed with my system,
I tried all varieties and finally found the gummies. I didn’t have burping, Nausea, and I can take without fluids, and not skip any days because I didn’t want to have an upset stomach my Dr said perfect let’s just keep an eye on your levels and they have been great so we have stuck to this plan

I'm curious: why gummies?

A number of members take them, but I've also read cautionary posts against them.

Group: did your nutritionist mention gummies? Or did they express a preference?

I should say I'm a label reader and made my decision based on that and solubility. I avoid capsules except the ones I take with my daily coffee.
I honestly can't remember if it was my doctor advising against gummies or I read it somewhere but I heard the same thing advising against them. However given Aface's situation and has doctor's approval and as long as the lab levels are within normal range, sounds good to me. But if anyone is contemplating gummies, you might want to just check with your doctor first.

I've been taking Trader Joe's chewable from day one. Before I made that decision, I stood in vitamin aisles in a dozen stores. Weirdly, the ingredient between Flintsones chewable and Centrum Women's formula was identical.

Vitamins are very complicated. Figure out what you get from food and what you need from vitamins and minerals.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210202-191250.png
    Screenshot_20210202-191250.png
    842.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20210202-190128.png
    Screenshot_20210202-190128.png
    133.8 KB · Views: 32
I've been taking Trader Joe's chewable from day one. Before I made that decision, I stood in vitamin aisles in a dozen stores. Weirdly, the ingredient between Flintsones chewable and Centrum Women's formula was identical.

View attachment 3502

View attachment 3504

Vitamins are very complicated. Figure out what you get from food and what you need from vitamins and minerals.
From Trader Joes.

Back