• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Vitamins - where did you get them? !

Nymiria

Hello! My doctor has given me this gigantic vitamin list with vitamins from many different companies - and I always love a good deal AND an easy to use vitamin. What do you guys use? Where did you get it? How much should I buy in advance? A month or a 3 month supply at a time? Sorry for all the questions but my surgery is FINALLY in 30 days! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

I use Bariatric Fusion, which is what my program recommended after the other vitamins stopped addind calcium. They're $30 a month, retail. My program sometimes puts them on sale. But since my husband had the sleeve, I buy them in bulk, directly from the website for about $22 a month.

There are many different ways to get your vitamins in. Some people take 1 pill, some people take 50. So I would suggest only buying a month at a time for now, until you decide what works for you.

I use Bariatric Fusion, which is what my program recommended after the other vitamins stopped addind calcium. They're $30 a month, retail. My program sometimes puts them on sale. But since my husband had the sleeve, I buy them in bulk, directly from the website for about $22 a month.

There are many different ways to get your vitamins in. Some people take 1 pill, some people take 50. So I would suggest only buying a month at a time for now, until you decide what works for you.
good idea! Yeah i would like to take as few as possiblle even if they're big - granted who knows what I'll be able to swallow when the time comes.

Have you guys ever heard of people taking the regular Flintstones vitamins before?
I have. My team says it is not enough and highly recommends a bariatric vitamin. I guess everyone is different and if your blood work is good with Fintstones then I don't see a problem. I don't have a problem with the capsules so I erred on the side of caution and just went with a bariatric one.

I have. My team says it is not enough and highly recommends a bariatric vitamin. I guess everyone is different and if your blood work is good with Fintstones then I don't see a problem. I don't have a problem with the capsules so I erred on the side of caution and just went with a bariatric one.
Ok sounds good!! It's crazy cause I'm trying to get things ready for when I come home but I seriously don't even know how to do it!

I read the labels and they were nearly identical. But I decided to take a high potency women's vitamin from Trader Joe's. Perfect numbers for 14 years.

Have you guys ever heard of people taking the regular Flintstones vitamins before?
My program recommended Flintstones chewables for the 1st month. I used the Wal-Mart brand, and the taste reminded me of sweetarts. I only was allowed to use these for a month before graduating to adult vitamins.

I never have taken bariatric vitamins, and my 6-month bloodwork numbers came back perfect! Oh, except my Vit B12 levels were a little high, so I take it every other day. I take Kroger brand Adult multivitamin similar to the Centrum version. Kroger's calcium citrate, vitamin C, D3, and B12. Hair Skin & Nails biotin gummies, Sam's Club Glucosamine Chondr., prescription iron (ferrous sulfate every other day with my vit C), and prescription D2 once weekly.

There is nothing wrong with taking bariatric vitamins of course, but the Kroger generics are usually "buy 1 get 1 free", budget friendly and they work quite well for me. I am very careful to take my calcium 3-4 hours from my iron and my multivitamin. Good luck with making your choices.

Back