• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

waiting in Ohio

Jenbean

Hi all- new to the forums!

I am currently in the insurance waiting game for the bypass! This Thursday it will be 2 weeks. I hope that call comes soon- I just want to get the show on the road! I am excited to get started with my new "life" but nervous about the surgery and after. My sister had it about 10 yrs ago and failed- I was against it for the longest time- it might bypass your stomach, but doesnt bypass your mind! Then I hit the mid 300's- NOTHING would get this weight off and I decided this was my only way out. I know it is not going to be easy- but looking so forward to the future being a smaller person!

Did anyone have united health care? What was your wait?

looking forward to getting to know everyone!!

Jenbean, i hope u hear something today i know the anxious feeling, i am on the 2week pre diet, my surgery is on the 12th of august, ive had good days and bad i would love to tell u my ups and downs. congrats on making the decision to gothrew with it and yes we do have to work on the mental i feel more than anything. change those bad habits, I quit smokin in feb this year and way a 2 pk a day. I feel if i could do that i can change outher habits only with thehelp of the surgery..and thats the key its only a tool.just like chantix was a tool for smoking. I pray for all who r going threw and have been threw with surgery.

Back