• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Waiting, step 4.1 of 5! Revision Journey

I am up like most nights due to GERD. I am just feeling overwhelmed. I think that there is something truly wrong with our health care system. I have been in pain so long. However, at least I have the option to fight. I am closing in on finally getting the approval for my revision. I pray that the outcome will be in my favor! Additionally, I pray the my quality of life will improve!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have acid reflux and mine has been controlled by prilosec for decades now . However , I do have flair ups and I agree .. it's painful and miserable. I'm crossing my fingers for you so you can finally get rid of that pain. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer for you ,I hope it's a bright ,healing light when you journey into it !!!!

I have acid reflux and mine has been controlled by prilosec for decades now . However , I do have flair ups and I agree .. it's painful and miserable. I'm crossing my fingers for you so you can finally get rid of that pain. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer for you ,I hope it's a bright ,healing light when you journey into it !!!!
Thank you! I also have other complications. The meds for me do not work.

I feel like my whole life is going to crap. All I want to do is sleep but that is not working. My entire 20 year Post-Masters career has been about helping others! I hate that I cannot help myself. At 9:00 AM, I will stop being a victim. I will call, write, visit and scream until somebody hears me. I am no longer a victim and fighting for my life. I taking back my life instead of passively waiting in the corner.

Well, my doctor no longer takes my insurance plan. I have an appointment set with a surgeon who is one of the forefather of the the procedure I need. I am just happy that all I need to do is more blood work (hopefully). Round 4.2, ready, set, go!

Back