• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Waiting, waiting...

Ronnie

I am getting very anxious, depressed, and overwhelmed. I did not expect to have so much paperwork, the surgeon's package was 50 pages, and the psych evaluation is getting there. It wouldn't be so bad if there was an end in sight but still no surgery date. It is hard to feel motivated this way, don't they know that?

I did not expect to have so much paperwork. It is hard to feel motivated this way, don't they know that?

When I applied for a social security disability, the paperwork was like this. I contacted the agency and pretended I didn't understand it. I was immediately assigned a counselor who literally filled out the dozens of pages while I sat and watched. It took a little time but it would have taken ages longer if I'd tried to do it at home.

Paperwork has nothing to do with weight loss. Toss it back to the bureaucracy that requires it.

Sending you a virtual hug, hoping to lessen your stress...

I felt PROUD of each step I completed on my journey towards surgery. There is a misconception that surgery is the easy way out. Each appointment, class, test etc, was like a badge of honor testifying to my strength, determination, commitment and ability. This is NOT an easy way out and every step (as annoying as it may seem at times) is an example of the love and care you are giving yourself.

Hi, Unfortunately, you will not be assigned a surgical date until you complete all the steps in the process...well, at least that was how my surgeon's office worked (according to his admin. assistant, she said so many never completed the process, so she never took the final scheduling step until each requirement was fulfilled. You will get there, keep belief and be diligent in completing the requirements!

I am getting very anxious, depressed, and overwhelmed. I did not expect to have so much paperwork, the surgeon's package was 50 pages, and the psych evaluation is getting there. It wouldn't be so bad if there was an end in sight but still no surgery date. It is hard to feel motivated this way, don't they know that?
Try to embrace each step, this is a critical life altering procedure that should not be taken lightly. You are learning about the surgery, who you are and how you got here as well as how to successfully manage life after Weightloss.

I felt PROUD of each step I completed on my journey towards surgery. There is a misconception that surgery is the easy way out. Each appointment, class, test etc, was like a badge of honor testifying to my strength, determination, commitment and ability. This is NOT an easy way out and every step (as annoying as it may seem at times) is an example of the love and care you are giving yourself.
I love the way you worded this, and your views on the process, Thank you!!

Thank you. And to add to that, I am now 2 months post op and able to eat almost everything now. Not a lot (but that is the point, right!) and I can finally say I feel great and it is so worth it. It is so hard to believe that when you are in the moments that simply SUCK. But keep putting one foot in front of the other and before you know it you will surprise yourself when the words “it is worth it come rolling out of your mouth”.

Thank you. And to add to that, I am now 2 months post op and able to eat almost everything now. Not a lot (but that is the point, right!) and I can finally say I feel great and it is so worth it. It is so hard to believe that when you are in the moments that simply SUCK. But keep putting one foot in front of the other and before you know it you will surprise yourself when the words “it is worth it come rolling out of your mouth”.
I am so glad to hear you're feeling better. Its a trying process, for sure.

Try to embrace each step, this is a critical life altering procedure that should not be taken lightly. You are learning about the surgery, who you are and how you got here as well as how to successfully manage life after Weightloss.
This was my approach as well. I know we like to see action, but i went through each step and tried to maximize the benefits. I was hoping the psych eval would give me insight into my habits. It didn't, so i started seeing a therapist to help build better habits which are so necessary.
Part of my brain says -get it done already!
But then i do some self-coaching to Trust The Process! I feel like that will be sooo important

Good luck partner!

I had a lot of paperwork as well sent to me via email that did not all come at once. I had to make 2 trips to Staples to print out 80 pages and then they sent me another 5 pages. About a third of that was duplicates of what they gave me at the office. Ridiculous!

Back