• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Walking in Bad Weather...No excuses!!

Time 4 me

Happy New Year Everyone....I have been Walking 1 to 2 miles a day in my home with Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds and I love it!!! I have always enjoyed walking but I cannot handle cold/rainy/snowy weather, I know some that weather does not stop them but I am a wimp..LOL. I highly recommend this DVD series, I started Walk Down Your Blood Sugar at Home a couple of years ago which was given to me by my endocrinoglist. And since my surgery I bought two more series 1 mile easy/2 mile brisk, Get up 1 mile/Super Fat Burning 2 mile/High Calorie Burn 3 mile.

I hope you all check these out if you love walking this way you don't have to miss out during the winter months, Enjoy!!!!:D

I use a Pedometer when I walk not only tells me how many steps/miles it also downloads to my computer so I can keep track on there with it.
I have a fitbit zip. It's cute and works well.

Snow and Ice-I walk inside walmart or another store. You can also walk the indoor Malls-but, I am a night person as I usually work the night shift as does my husband and we sleep during the daytime. With the exception of doctor appts.

Carol

I've been thinking about the DVD series, but haven't gotten around to it. Honestly I have so many exercise videos here that are either in their original wrapping or dust laden. I know it is something I need to do and am working towards. I had one her vhs videos years ago and found it enjoyable.

Carol, how do you get a pedometer to work for you? Maybe it's just the one I had tried once, but I found it registered a few too many steps when I walked due to the extra jiggle. Maybe just a quality one would help.

I just put it on my bra and go for it. Mine is bluetooth and set up quick on the computer.
You don't have to set your steps-it automatically does it for you-easier to use. I have tried others and I didn't like them this works great for me.
Check out the fitbit zip on it's online site.

Carol

Darkpoeticangel- Me too...I have a very nice stationary bike which belongs to my brother-in-law who has MS and it was used for in home therapy. I Never used it and after surgery cleaned off the dust and I ride it twice a week. ;)

Back