• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Way off track its almost 4 years since surgery

reedsm

Ok so I had RNY Dec 2008 . I was 320 lbs when I had my surgery. At my smallest I was 160 that was after my tummy tuck surgery. Now almost two years since my tummy tuck I have done the so called filling in that the plastic surgeon said would happen . But I am feeling terrible because im now weighing 185-190. I really want to go back to the 160. It seems now that I all the sudden never seem to be full anymore. I am still trying to eat very small meals. Unfortunately nothing makes me sick so I tend to eat crap that I shouldnt. I have even thought about taking an appetite suppressor. Any suggestion about how to get back on track. I also thought about going to 2 protein shakes a day instead of meals.

Very frustrated
Sherry

Go back to the beginning...go back to eating like you did when you first had surgery for a couple weeks. This is a lifetime change for all of us, not just a diet we try for awhile and then go back to the way we ate before. Remember what you have gone through to get where you wanted to at 160#, remember that, and dont go back. You need to find your focus again, so start at the beginning again.

Hi Sherry, Welcome. I am with Ladybicknase, there are other people here that have had the same thing happen to them. They went on the (7 or 10) day pouch test, you can ggogle it just refrence gastric bypass when you do. It is going back to a liquid protien meal plan for a number of days then slowly start adding small meals, it helps to shrink the pouch back to a smaller size and re train us to start eating like we used to. Rember the surghery is just a tool and we have to use it to stay healthy. So don't beat yourself up over it, you caught it and you know what you have done before and you can still do it again, it may not go as fast as it did right after surgery but it will come off if you work at it. You only have 25 to 30 lbs this time, you can do it. Let us know how you are doing. :cool: Tom

sherry I really identidy with you I lost and initial120 lbs and after 5 years I regained 50 lbs and I am now within 38 lbs I am starting to feel emotionally better about it. The most that I can suggest is that you go back to your pouch rules,drink water instead of dead calories. Cheating just a little send your system in to overdrive and before you know it your weight will jack you up write me if you like patti

Back