• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

We can make amazing progress - even before surgery

GardenB

Hello!! Five weeks ago I decided to try out the local pool to see if I could increase my range of motion overall. Chronic pain, lack of movement, and all the rest has had me feeling trapped in my body. It’s been like living in a painful cage.

Well I got in the water and using a kickboard just focused on moving my legs with minimal pain. Bit by bit I’ve been able to do more and my bad knee, arthritic foot, and long ago injured shoulder have been able to handle incremental progress. There is no way I could actually do a front crawl and manage the breathing right now, so instead I got what many of the other people use, a snorkel mask.

Today I actually did the full range of motion swimming with my arms, using the mask, for 40 minutes. This is epic for me! Huge and life changing. I NEVER imagined 5 weeks ago I’d ever be doing this. And none of it hurt!!! I can feel my body responding and growing stronger.

I share all this because I’m thrilled to discover that even at my heaviest and 4 months pre-op, I can still make progress. I don’t have to wait to have my life improve. None of us do. I can’t believe it, but small changes do add up. After years pain and problems, I feel like my body is actually working with me instead of against me. I can hardly believe it’s true.

Thank you for sharing your inspiring story. I am really happy for you. For me, the work I put in pre-surgery was really what kept me strong after.

And once you have surgery and the weight starts falling off, you are going to be able to do so much more than you can imagine.

Thank you for sharing your inspiring story. I am really happy for you. For me, the work I put in pre-surgery was really what kept me strong after.

And once you have surgery and the weight starts falling off, you are going to be able to do so much more than you can imagine.
That’s so encouraging! Thank you for sharing it with me!

I did a lot of water exercise--not aerobics--because there's the resistance factor that passively burns calories without the jarring bone-jamming of exercise, walking, running on land.

I just got in the pool (I didn't know how to swim for a long time but learned as part of this post-op process), held on to the edge, and then "walked" in the water. It burns calories. It tones muscles. Take breaks, switch sides, and dunk up and down. You can certainly join a class. They have them at my YMCA, but I felt uncomfortable because it seemed they were all old ladies with no rhythm and really more social than focused on movement.

Hello!! Five weeks ago I decided to try out the local pool to see if I could increase my range of motion overall. Chronic pain, lack of movement, and all the rest has had me feeling trapped in my body. It’s been like living in a painful cage.

Well I got in the water and using a kickboard just focused on moving my legs with minimal pain. Bit by bit I’ve been able to do more and my bad knee, arthritic foot, and long ago injured shoulder have been able to handle incremental progress. There is no way I could actually do a front crawl and manage the breathing right now, so instead I got what many of the other people use, a snorkel mask.

Today I actually did the full range of motion swimming with my arms, using the mask, for 40 minutes. This is epic for me! Huge and life changing. I NEVER imagined 5 weeks ago I’d ever be doing this. And none of it hurt!!! I can feel my body responding and growing stronger.

I share all this because I’m thrilled to discover that even at my heaviest and 4 months pre-op, I can still make progress. I don’t have to wait to have my life improve. None of us do. I can’t believe it, but small changes do add up. After years pain and problems, I feel like my body is actually working with me instead of against me. I can hardly believe it’s true.
Right on!!!!

Hey everyone!

I hope you're all doing well. I wanted to reach out to the admin team regarding the possibility of purchasing backlinks for my website. I'm looking to boost its visibility and traffic, and I believe backlinks could really help with that.

I'm willing to pay a fair price for quality backlinks, and I'm open to discussing the details further. Here are a few examples of the kind of links I'm interested in:

Mardani Bhabhi (2024) Uncut NeonX Originals Short Film 720p HDRip H264 AAC 300MB Download
Chapter 141 Apr 01, 2024

If you're interested or have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me via private message. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks a bunch!

Back