• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

week 5

New to group. So this may be repetitive question.
Had surgery 12/27/21 came home 16lbs lighter and now the scale hasn't moved. I know there is a such thing as 3 week stall but, I'm so discouraged.
Also tonight first time my blood pressure has been elevated. I do not take blood presure meds anymore and I'm down to only one diabetic medication. Just looking for some encouragement. I feel like I don't eat anything and I am getting all my protein and water in. Has this happened to anyone else and how long and how did you deal with it?

Other than the elevated blood pressure, that all sounds kind of normal. Everyone’s body responds differently after surgery. It’s a good idea to not worry about weighing in for the first 3 or 4 weeks after surgery. I say that only because it’s important to be focused on the heal process and having your mind in the best and most positive place. If your BP stays elevated, you might want to call your doctors office.

Had surgery 12/27/21 came home 16lbs lighter and now the scale hasn't moved. I know there is a such thing as 3 week stall but, I'm so discouraged.
Also tonight first time my blood pressure has been elevated. I do not take blood presure meds anymore and I'm down to only one diabetic medication. Just looking for some encouragement. I feel like I don't eat anything and I am getting all my protein and water in. Has this happened to anyone else and how long and how did you deal with it?
Do you have a medical appointment scheduled? IMO, you shouldn't be stalling naturally yet. You may have an underlying problem or not a deep understanding of diet and nutrition.

Also, you may not agree, but I believed you have an eating disorder. I believe anyone who can achieve obesity has an eating disorder.

Anyway, you have high BP, which is symptomatic of something wrong--illness, disease, mental disorder--and you need a doctor to analyze and test you. The first thing you want to do is rule out the organic. You know you've had diabetes, and maybe BP problems prior to surgery. WLS doesn't cure everything for everyone.

As soon as it's demonstrated that your physical health is in balance, you can take additional steps mentally.

But don't wait. Most people experience some kind of shift after surgery. Let a qualified medico figure it out, right away. Don't wait.

Aww, I hate that 3 week stall. It can really get you down. I totally freaked out about mine, worrying I was eating too much, drinking too much, was just made to be fat, and even if the surgeon had made my stomach too big lol Yes, I AM a spaz! :rolleyes:

It's a thing, as you know. You will start losing again and you will keep losing. This tool works and pretty soon you're going to feel amazing. Hang in there.

Hi Jen. Congrats on getting this far. Picture going to the store & picking up a big bag of dog or cat food and carrying it around the store without using a cart. Then set it back down. That's what you've lost already! Woo-hoo! You rock. Please don't get too discouraged.

How often do you weigh yourself? I only weigh myself 1X weekly so I don't stress over daily fluctuations. Good luck!

Back