• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Weight gain

Hi Ellie. I'm so sorry to hear of your struggles. Your weight loss thus far is great. Congratulations!!! As for not getting in enough protein; are you drinking a protein shake each day? The reason I ask this is because I'm struggling with my protein intake and I know it is because I quit drinking them. They are a great and easy source of protein. Water intake: look at ills.com. $25 device that goes on your water bottle or glass, can be switched between both, and reminds you to drink your water. No, I don't work for the company, just looking into one for myself. Or there are free water reminder apps. Hope all of this helps.
Hi Ellie. I'm so sorry to hear of your struggles. Your weight loss thus far is great. Congratulations!!! As for not getting in enough protein; are you drinking a protein shake each day? The reason I ask this is because I'm struggling with my protein intake and I know it is because I quit drinking them. They are a great and easy source of protein. Water intake: look at ills.com. $25 device that goes on your water bottle or glass, can be switched between both, and reminds you to drink your water. No, I don't work for the company, just looking into one for myself. Or there are free water reminder apps. Hope all of this helps.
Seems like you have a good handle on why you hit that plateau. For me if I get off track the weight stays the same, I have to keep pushing my self to get the proteins and exercise in and it comes off..... Good luck to you. we are here to help
Seems like you have a good handle on why you hit that plateau. For me if I get off track the weight stays the same, I have to keep pushing my self to get the proteins and exercise in and it comes off..... Good luck to you. we are here to help
Thanks Keith for your support. I had a good day. I got my Protein in by drinking my shakes. I even drank more water. I too struggle to get my exercise in each day. I felt so depressed I wouldn't go to the gym or go for a walk. I walked 1.85 mi Friday!! It's a start.. Thanks again & I hope all goes well with your goals!!

Thanks Christine for the support. I did better today I got in 70 gms of Protein! I also drank more water. I made myself walk more. My Fitbit had me at 1.85 miles. I did have to go back to the protein shakes. I like the Premier brand. I'm grateful for a great day of getting back on track. I am going to opt for the water app on my phone also. It may be time for you to get back on the shakes too. I don't want you to struggle with your protein intake each day. Thanks again!
I drink the Premier shakes too. When I remember to drink them. I was told I could put PB in them, so I put in 1 tbsp of PB and some ice and blend to make a smoothie. Pretty tasty. I LOVE my Fitbit. I have my goal steps at only 2800, but I find as I get closer to that goal and once I go over it, I become more active. Good job on getting all of your protein in.

Thanks Christine for the support. I did better today I got in 70 gms of Protein! I also drank more water. I made myself walk more. My Fitbit had me at 1.85 miles. I did have to go back to the protein shakes. I like the Premier brand. I'm grateful for a great day of getting back on track. I am going to opt for the water app on my phone also. It may be time for you to get back on the shakes too. I don't want you to struggle with your protein intake each day. Thanks again!
So happy you found the protein drink you like. Kroger has a protein water I just tried it's good too.

I have a Premier protein shake every morning for breakfast. That's a good start on my protein for the day. I drink at least 4 16oz. bottles of water a day, as well. So far, so good. I haven't hit a plateau yet but I am waiting for it to happen.

Back