• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Weight gain????

It is nothing to be concerned about. Step away from the scale and just focus on doing things right. I know that is easier said than done, but the scale isn't going to be a good representation of what is happening in your body right now.

As long as you are following the guidelines and doing the right things, you ARE burning fat, and your body composition IS changing for the better, even if it doesn't show up on the scale. There are many factors that make the scale go up or down in a given period of time. This will not be the last time you wonder what the heck is going on as you work toward your goal.

The best thing you can do is continue to make the right decisions and when you get back to eating regular food, focus on creating a new relationship with food and creating good habits that will help you maintain your coming success for the long term.

It's hard not to want things to happen very quickly, but for most of us on this road, there are multiple ups and downs with fast progress and slow progress, and it can come at any time. However, as long as you are maintaining a calorie deficit, choosing good foods, and maintaining hydration, your body will release fat over time. It will happen.

Oh no Linda, so sorry. I totally get why you have feelings of remorse at this point but please hang in there. I had complications after surgery and wound up about 3 weeks in the hospital with sepsis. I had huge remorse. But once I recuperated and started to lose weight the remorse faded and I was happy no matter what I went through that I did this. May you push through and have the same. Healing prayers for you and a speedy recovery.

Back