• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Weight Loss Award

Christine Seese

My total weight loss (pre op and post op) is at 59#. I saw my doc today and was given a certificate of success and a blue ribbon for being over 50#. I was told that they rarely give it out this early after surgery. I guess I was the exception with losing weight before surgery. I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself. Now if I only had the nerve to get more pants. I HATE trying on pants.

My total weight loss (pre op and post op) is at 59#. I saw my doc today and was given a certificate of success and a blue ribbon for being over 50#. I was told that they rarely give it out this early after surgery. I guess I was the exception with losing weight before surgery. I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself. Now if I only had the nerve to get more pants. I HATE trying on pants.
Love that Idea of the docs giving awards when milestones are hit. I think it would help you stay on track and motivated to go for the next one... Congrats on the weight loss...

Wow, that is great, gives me incentive to keep going

Congratulations on hitting that milestone! I think it is great that the dr gives awards for that. To some people it may not seem like a big deal but being able to have something to show how hard you have worked makes it a big deal for me. I think it just helps the motivation to stay on track and put in the effort. Keep up the good work!!!

Congratulations on hitting that milestone! I think it is great that the dr gives awards for that. To some people it may not seem like a big deal but being able to have something to show how hard you have worked makes it a big deal for me. I think it just helps the motivation to stay on track and put in the effort. Keep up the good work!!!
Thank you!!! The award was definitely terrific motivation. I have the ribbon in my journal, so I look at it every day. Next award 75#. Can't wait to hit it. Already have a good start as I lost 6.4# this week. Total weight loss now at 65.4

Can't say that I blame you, I hate trying on pants, but it's exciting, your getting so much smaller. Happy for you!

Congratulations, Christine...quite a mile marker in such a short time frame. Many have said loosing weight prior to surgery gets our mind and body moving in the right direction. You are proof of that !!

Thanks. I've gone down 2 sizes since this post and my total weight loss is now 82#. I'm a happy camper.
How does this work? It's been just a week since surgery, do you all of a sudden just start loosing weight? It all seems kind of strange to me that it's just going to start happening.

How does this work? It's been just a week since surgery, do you all of a sudden just start loosing weight? It all seems kind of strange to me that it's just going to start happening.
I've had good weight loss weeks and some as if I were on a normal diet. With the calorie restrictions, you typically will lose more than a normal diet, but you might see it stop or slow down as your body gets used to the new calorie alottment, by going in to starvation mode. That is where exercise comes in to play. This will help you burn calories. I haven't been very good at doing it, thus the slow weeks of weight loss. On the weeks I get in some exercise, the scale is kinder.

Keep in mind that no matter what is done, there are some people who lose weight slowly.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

I've had good weight loss weeks and some as if I were on a normal diet. With the calorie restrictions, you typically will lose more than a normal diet, but you might see it stop or slow down as your body gets used to the new calorie alottment, by going in to starvation mode. That is where exercise comes in to play. This will help you burn calories. I haven't been very good at doing it, thus the slow weeks of weight loss. On the weeks I get in some exercise, the scale is kinder.

Keep in mind that no matter what is done, there are some people who lose weight slowly.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.
Thank you, I hope I loose weight at a reasonable speed and not just a pound a week or I'll get awfully discouraged. I have been trying to walk, but it's not working to great because of all the pain I have.

Thank you, I hope I loose weight at a reasonable speed and not just a pound a week or I'll get awfully discouraged. I have been trying to walk, but it's not working to great because of all the pain I have.
My worst week, last week, I only lost 2#. I ate terribly though. On my best week, I lost 7#. I seem to average 4 per week. Don't push the exercise while you are in pain. Walk around your house or yard though to avoid blood clots. Soon enough you will be walking like crazy.

I wish I would lose 2-5 lbs a week, my body is in slow mode, but it is still coming off and I do exercise at least a half hour 6 days a week, and get in my protein, I'm not giving up though, it's a long road and I'm going to win this race, no matter how long it takes me

Back