• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Weight loss journey

bnkaiser

HI, my name is Bridget, I am 38 years old. I am not a Bariatrics patient, I am simple someone who came across these nutritional products online. When reviewing the nutritional facts on a lot of the products I decided to try them for weight loss. I work out 5-7 days a week, and in need for products with high protein, I also am very happy that a lot of products have very little sugars, these products actually have helped me reduce my sugar cravings tremendously. I have maple and brown sugar oatmeal for breakfast, with a little added artificial sweetener. I have 1 - 2 protein bars during my meals as a snack, and if I really get a sweet tooth or hungry before bed time, I enjoy banana pudding. I am down 40lbs and counting... The best thing about the products I choose, they taste great, I crave them now over fast food. It is truly a life style change and enjoy every minute of it...

Hey Bridget, I'm basically on the same boat as you. I haven't had bariatric surgery but I try to eat like I have. I try to eat low sugar foods, and a protein bar between meals. After I workout I try to always drink a protein shot. They're only 3 ounces and they help curb my appetite for awhile

Thanks pat, good to know, I will try them. I have been looking for something after my workout that will fill me up without having to eat a meal.

You might be able to get these in stores somewhere but I know they sell them at Bariatric Food Source: http://www.bariatricfoodsource.com/25g_Protein_Shot_p/protein-shot-single.htm
I've only tried the Grape and Raspberry, but they are both really good. They look bigger in the bottle but they are actually about the same amount of liquid as 5-hour Energy Shots. 25grams of protein in them. If you do try them, make sure you refrigerate them first, they aren't very good warm, but taste like kool-aid when they are cold.

Back