• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Weight loss stall at 5.5 months out

llbecker

Good morning!
I'm so glad I found this support site. The posts are helpful in so many ways. You are all so inspiring!

I had my bypass at the end of September 2021. After a horrible experience with twisted intestines and some infection, the weight loss started kicking in. I've lost 80 pounds (with 30 to go). I'm estatic with the 80 but I seem to have hit a wall. I haven't lost a pound in 2 months. I've been increasing activity and keeping my calories to 600-700. I typically get 70+ grams of protein each day (mostly through protein water) and keep a pretty comprehensive food log.

I was wondering if this is typical? I'm happy where I am but hoping to get rid of those final 30 :) I would love to hear about anyone's experiences with this type of stall. Thanks!

Whatever you do, don't stick to the same, sensible diet every day. Eat conservatively for two days. Then, on the third day increase your calories a lot and features something really fatty, like a dripping chili-cheeseburger. Your body has a built-in panic button, and it will go "What?!" And immediately kick into turbo calorie-burning mode.

You'll still be burning when you go back to normal foods, but your metabolism will be higher and efficient. It'll work perfectly with your body.

Keep changing it up, shocking your body into getting busy.

Back